Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

200dollar scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 08:50 AM

Re: 200dollar scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg View Post
True it doesn't have a zero stop, but they are re-settable. Remove two small screws reset the turret to where you want and tighten it back down. Here's a really good review on that: Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Scope Review

I don't know if you can find a zero stop scope in your price range.
I just upgraded from this scope a few weeks ago. Imo it was the best $190 (on sale) I had ever spent on a scope. Far better than the few leupold vx2's and nikon pro staffs I've owned.
The turrets were accurate and over the 1 year I had it on my tikka superlight 7mm mag with 200 rounds through it, it never lost zero and the turrets never skipped a beat.
The only reason I upgraded was because I got a great deal on a viper hs-lr that fit my shooting needs better. I do regret selling the Bushnell though.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Silver Member

I'm with you bankbum. I've compared it to a VX2, and nikon prostaff and it's better. It was equal to a VX3 that I compared it to at the gun club, except I felt the VX3 had a slightly better eye box a high mag. In the nikons I thought it edged the buckmaster, but not by much (well it certainly beats it in price). I'd be curious to compare it to the new prostaff 5s as I'm hearing some real good things about them. I'd also did get a chance against a Diamondback, no comparison.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankbum View Post
I just upgraded from this scope a few weeks ago. Imo it was the best $190 (on sale) I had ever spent on a scope. Far better than the few leupold vx2's and nikon pro staffs I've owned.
The turrets were accurate and over the 1 year I had it on my tikka superlight 7mm mag with 200 rounds through it, it never lost zero and the turrets never skipped a beat.
The only reason I upgraded was because I got a great deal on a viper hs-lr that fit my shooting needs better. I do regret selling the Bushnell though.
How much internal adjustment do these scopes have?
Old 08-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Silver Member

It's decent for a 1"...but not where I can look out up right now. Sorry
Old 08-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Silver Member

Per midway: Max Internal Adjustment:
Windage: 55 MOA
Elevation: 55 MOA

BTW, it's interesting that we're all discussing ideas for the OP and he hasn't checked in over a week. Hopefully we helped him and he's decided on something that he thinks will work for him.