Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

20 Mil Rail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 20 Mil Rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
depending on caliber, internal adjustments would determine if you need it and it is 20 moa rail not mil if it was 20 mils it would be like having a 60+ moa rail.

so to answer your question we would need more info
This is correct....

Rails (to my knowledge) are only measured in MOA - Minure Of Angle, and not Milliradians.

This is unlikely, but they could have been referring to the "MIL-Standard 1913 picatinny style rail" and shortened it by calling it a Mil rail. Doubtful, but a possibility.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Gold Member

Mud runner

What the weather like in your neck of the woods. What hunts to you have planned for this fall. Are the fall colors coming on.

Here in Nevada you can see the aspens starting to change
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Duerr View Post
Mud runner

What the weather like in your neck of the woods. What hunts to you have planned for this fall. Are the fall colors coming on.

Here in Nevada you can see the aspens starting to change
Weather is about 75 outside right now.

I hunt in a small hunting club with about 10 other folks (+/- 2,000 acres to hunt), so my hunts are planned for every weekend from November to the end of January.

The fall colors are starting to come on a little bit, not much yet...Give it another month or 2 and they'll be full-fledge.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.