Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Yote calls (electronic Coyote calls)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Yote calls (electronic Coyote calls)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka0 View Post
Can anyone recommend source for yote calls? I used to have a tape of a squealling rabbit 20 years ago but lost it. Tapes, electronic callers,???

I just used the fox pro friday. One came charging in and I missed him as he was only peaking his head up over this hill. The second one also charged the fox pro, but I had set it off about 75 yards out. I gave him a "hoot" he froze then I put a .308 in him!. I'm hooked on these things.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 PM

Another vote for the foxpro, bought the new firestorm. Not a time I've used it that I have not called in a yote. Make sure they are legal, if so they are effective.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Gold Member

How loud is the firestorm? I've been looking at that model but I'm concerned it won't have enough volume for the wide open and often windy areas I hunt yotes.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
How loud is the firestorm? I've been looking at that model but I'm concerned it won't have enough volume for the wide open and often windy areas I hunt yotes.
The firestorm is the same as the pro 3 except it has more calls and the new remote.

With two speakers(One horn and one speaker) it is really loud.

I use mine in all three modes (Horn, speaker and horn and speaker) for different sounds and different volumes.

The horn is the loudest and the speaker is the softest. but on some calls both at the same time
have the best sound with the volume turned down.

The nice thing about the foxpro is this feature. example= if calling turkeys I use both speaker
and horn for the best sound and reduce the volume as the turkeys get closer.

With Coyotes I use the horn cranked up and after a few calls I start cutting back on the volume.

For cats I use the speaker with the volume set low.

The main thing is to experiment with different combinations for best results.

J E CUSTOM
Old 01-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Gold Member

I broke down and got the fox pro spit fire i think it was the one that cost 200.00 and it works great. i call a bobcat with in 4feet of me on night. he came up and put his front paws on the bottom step of my hunting truck and looked at me for 20-30sec and then just walked off. i couldn't even shoot him after that it was just to cool.