Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

"Yellowstone is dead" video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

"Yellowstone is dead" video

Check out this video clip from "Yellowstone is dead"

YouTube - Yellowstone is Dead

I'm sure it wont be too long before there is similar videos, for Idaho, Montana, Alberta, British Columbia...
Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Platinum Member

Re: "Yellowstone is dead" video

"Any self respecting Man who calls himself a deer hunter would shoot every one of them sons of bitches he sees!"

An actual quote from a 95 year old man who was born and lives in Northern Wisconsin, He grew up with the problem and seen it first hand.

Unofficial Sources in the State of Wisconsin have estimated that upwards of 10% of the wolf population is killed every year by a bullet. I believe it could be much higher.
The DNR recently terminated a pack in central WI after close human encounters where the animals were unafraid of human threats.

Pittsville city employees reported sightings of wolves actually moving thru the park in town. I have heard reports of northern Wisconsinites seeking and finding den sites in the spring and terminating the pups. Referred to as "late term abortions"

Lobo Watch - Wolf News

Read the 4th listed article on the articles page. You may need this info if your hunting dog comes across a wolf burger.

As of yet no one in Wisconsin that I am aware of has ever been convicted of killing a wolf, some say it can never be done as these animals are all highbreed crosses with % of domestic dog.

As long as we have the 1st, 2nd, and 5th amendments, the temporary solution lies in our hands.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member

You need to liven it up if you want to get through to anybody that's not already convinced.

Best of luck!
Richard
Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member

I guess I should have put some smiles in ther huh.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------wolf

Old 02-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member

I just meant that the video was too sedate. I can see some wolf activists watching it and thinking how beautiful the scenery and the elk and the wolves are and not getting the message.

I think it's a tragic situation where the public is grossly misinformed and it'll take some Hollywood drama to get the message out. It's time for a Stephen Speilberg remake of Little Red Riding Hood.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member

I went to Gardner in late 80's with my Dad on a bison managment hunt. I thought I went to elk heaven. Having grown up in NWEST Mt, I had never seen elk like that, and now never will again.2500 OR so cow tags and 100-125 bull,close on #'s, 4 day hunts I think. Cows 98-99% sucess. I did not have means to get there in early years but dreamed of the Booner type 7x7 that I saw in town eating hay out of pickups. I dont believe they even had a special draw this year, I cant hardly comprehend this. I t would be worse if I lived there, but in the last 3 years I am seeing same thing happen here, with much less resource to start with.