Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Ya know whats kinda cool...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2003, 08:55 PM
Gold Member

Re: Ya know whats kinda cool...

Like all of you have said this site is AWESOME, I also try to check every day.

Ric you are right it was cool that Len decided that this site was needed even though he had some unnamed help [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Jake maybe you'll have to move to one of those Yankee states so that you can shoot and talk long range all you want. Ever think that they haven't figure out how too sneak up on game, thats why they shoot LR [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

To all the experts and not so experts the advice that you share is PRICELESS [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member

For those of you that know me....You know I'm a man of few word's....So I will just agree with everybody [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 01:43 PM

That is most certainly true...I've never asked a question here that has not been answered to my complete satisfaction...

The internet is an absolutely wonderful tool. For example, it turns out that there is some SERIOUS long range action going on within a 20 mile radius of my home, but had it not been for the 'net, I probably never would have known. The internet is what, in effect, turned me on to long range shooting. As recently as last summer, I was not much more than a kid with a rifle trying to kill a couple of groundhogs every now and then...But eventually, I found the GGVG message board, and ran into people such as Ric. You see, my family was taking a trip out West that summer, and I asked about places to hunt p-dogs, as it was something I really wanted to do. Ric suggested that if I were to stop in Cody, he would try to get me on a dog town. Well, the experience I had was sufficient to send me flying forward into the world of long range shooting. I got turned on to several great message boards, this one included. I seriously do not know where I'd be if it weren't for the 'net...The amount of info avaliable is simply astounding. I need all the help I can get, anyway!

As for the sport being "taboo", I've talked to people who consider 150 yards really stretching it on a woodchuck...If only they knew what it is like...

Oh well! Their loss...

Quinn.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Silver Member

WW, I couldn't agree more. Hasn't cost me a dime yet. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Probably will though. 'Bout to retire and I know where I can build a 1000+ yard range, just to practice on don't you know. Lot of learning to do here. Thanks to Len, and all that contribute.

Dan