Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

XLR Ind HD Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 PM

XLR Ind HD Chassis

I am building a 338 Lapua with a Surgeon action and trying to decide on a stock to go with. I found the XLR and really like the modular design. I was hoping to see if there are any issues anyone see with this type of design for a hunting/carry LR hunter. I like the fact that I can add a folding stock and other options, yet keep the weight close to a traditional stock with adj cheek.

What I found is with removing the bottom metal from the Surgeon action, the weight is virtually the same as a Manners T6A, which was my first choice initially. With the folding option, this gives me a little more mobility for the carry in, I would think.

Any input would be appreciated.

Specs:
Surgeon 1581 XL
Krieger 28" #7
Break: Painkiller
Jewell or remington trigger
XLR HD Chassis or Manners T6A stock
5.5-20 NF Scope

Also, would anyone have an XLR in the Houston area that I could take a look at before I buy?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: XLR Ind HD Chassis

I say go for it. I would love to have an xlr. I want the butt stock with the bag rider.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Bronze Member

Re: XLR Ind HD Chassis

Tex Hunt i purchased the XLR chassis for my long range gun in a 300wsm cartridge. i have it in the folding stock option because i back pack hunt with it. i can fold it up and carry it in my eberlystock pack with the weight close to center of gravity on my back and the total weight of the gun is 16#'s. very comfortable to carry this way and i am 62yrs old. the machine work is superb on this stock and top quality quality material. the stock is fully adjustable to your length of pull and cheek rest for your scope highth. i went with the standard butt and am happy with it. i would buy another one if i were to do another build. hope this helps.