Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

WRONG GUNS GUYS...be a hunter pls

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Silver Member

Re: WRONG GUNS GUYS...be a hunter pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Kirby, I with you 100%. This is one reason I feel we need a Extended LR forum too. The LR 600~700 yard shots in many cases take a different shooting disiplin and a whole differnt set of criteria than a 1200 to 2000 yrd shot.

Len is considering this for us now as we talked about it last week.

Jeff
That would be one way to get me to shut up. If I had anything to say it would be "Ooooohhh...........I want to do that!" Haha.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post

ALot of heated debates just start because you have conventional hunters debating long range hunters, there is not alot of middle ground there. Again, both are right, both are wrong but no one will agree who is who!!!
I agree. Been on this site for over 8 years and the overall quality of true long range discussions seems to be declining as an overall percentage of discussions or at least many discussions are diluted by posts that don't really have in mind what long range hunting might mean or is all about due to lack of knowledge/experience or a philosophical bent (most often also due to lack of knowledge and experience in lr) and then the fur starts to fly...and for little reason.

Would sure like to see an ELR forum to hopefully (re)focus many discussions here. Might be helpful.

Would also like to see the above mentioned poll reset so that folks could go back and change their 'longest shot on big game kill'. It might be that the percentages would change a bit.

Just a suggestion or two.

Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 12-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Guys who start threads like this should be banned.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Eichele View Post
Guys who start threads like this should be banned.

Yet it produces 11 pages of discussion (regardless of quality). I wish some of my threads would gain 11 page of discussion...regardless of quality haha
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen