Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Worthless meathunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Gold Member

Re: Worthless meathunter

Agreed. I've eaten crow a few times. But never tried that one! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2007, 08:03 PM
SPONSOR

Just think, right before you shot them, they were dreaming of flying off for a breakfast of rotting carrion. Probably some old dead opossum or coon on the side of the road.

TASTY!!! (but not as bad as potted meat!!!)
Old 03-16-2007, 08:04 PM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
You're kidding, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not bb but I can tell you, no, he's not kidding!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member

Why should he be kidding ?

Do you eat wild turkey ?
They eat the same things the crow will .

BB , you are a devious fellow [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You just posted this so I would tell how my boys ( ages 5 to 9) used to bring in the Robins they had shot with bb guns , bows and arrows , rocks etc . When they helld them up and said " look Dad " I would tell them " get it cleaned boy" ........................and they did and put them in the freezer . Robin breasts , just like I taught them how to do doves .

This went on one spring til we ha d about 50 or so in ziploc bags in the freezer . Every once in a while they would say " Dad , when are we gonna cook the Robin breasts "

"We will soon " was the standard reply I gave them .
Then came the day ...... dont know what came over me but I fired up the grill and cooked them little morsels ( dont take long ) Cooked them just like I do my dove breasts .
They were too good !! I mean they were so good !!

I realize Robins are not legal to shoot , these were little boys , we ate them. If someone wants to get legal ........well , it was a figment of my magination huhh ?

Jim B.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:32 PM

well i guess you learn something new everyday. maybe some opossum stew and crow legs with a side of skunk tail will be a house hold recipe in my future. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Silver Member

that time i ate opossum it was fattened up on bread and buttermilk then baked in the oven with applesauce guy from luisanna made it and ask me and my buddy if we wanted to try it wasnt bad at all but couldnt get the picture of a over grown rat out of my head
Old 03-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member

Damn, you gotta be kiddin' [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

That's gotta be worse'n owl gumbo [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

How's it compare to those chuker [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I tried to charcoal grill a young rock chuck. It muscled up like the Hulk and couldn't chew it even when I had good teeth. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Jack rabbit was an awful experience. Ground squirrel just looked like little mice all cooked up. No meat on 'em. When in the trash. However, I slapped their little hides to the hood of my room mate's 51 Chev P/U. They glued them selves on and their tails flapped in the wind. Really pissed off the room mate. (Back in nuke school days here I Idaho.)