I found these air hose fittings that I used to make the pillars, being cheap and creative at the same time. I measured the length I needed from the factory HS precision stock that came on my 338 ultra mag. One is cut to length the other one has to be cut yet.
Shown in hole in stock for fit.
I taped the end of the barrel to hold it at the right height to keep the action level in the stock.
I mixed the epoxy and heated it with a hair dryer like Nesika Chad suggested and applied it to the stock and the action. Set the action in the stock and cleaned up the excess epoxy that squezzed out.
Last 2 pics were taken inside so they are kind of dark.
Now it is time to wait and hope it comes apart, or I will have to tape up the barreled action so I could finish the stock.