Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Wolves delisted in Montana and Idaho !! Shooting starts 2007!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Platinum Member

Wolves delisted in Montana and Idaho !! Shooting starts 2007!!

Just did a little reading -associated press --it's true.
Wyoming is getting squared away on controlling them also.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] --ol mike
Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

Re: Wolves delisted in Montana and Idaho !! Shooting starts 2007!!

Mike, I see that you're moving out west, any tips on how to convince the wife we need to move to WY. I like watching the deer an antelope play but she wants to stay in WI [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Gold Member

Thats good news! Idaho next? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Platinum Member

yotefever
I moved from SE Mn to Casper Wy a year and a half ago.The wife was not real impressed with moving that far to a desert! The weather is a good selling point though,less humidity/rain,cooler nights in the summer and warmer winters with a lot less snow!!
Bring your check book though cause we went from a 50K house to a 150K house and we where lucky to find one!!Everybody wants to live out west and are paying dearly for it.A nice place near the mountain is gona start at mil and go up from there,way up in most cases!
The upside is 2000+ yard shooting and all the varmints you can stand,I like it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
To keep this on topic its good to see they are delisting the wolf,it should have ben done sooner!!! A protected predator is a recipe for disaster [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Silver Member

I hope WI is watching this and take notes. I've called in a few so far, just waiting for the season to open [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I just hunted in the Casper area, lots of nice people there, very helpful. Can't wait until next year.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member

From yesterday's paper. Idaho/Montana/NE Corner of Utah/Part of Oregon/Washington?? will be delisted. WY will be just a little behind. "They" had a good meeting w/WY the other day and made progress.

I think WY's problem is that they want to treat them like coyotes outside of Yellowstone and Glacier......
Old 12-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
I think WY's problem is that they want to treat them like coyotes outside of Yellowstone and Glacier......

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with that? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]