Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Wolf kill pics.... Trophy Bull Elk.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wolf kill pics.... Trophy Bull Elk.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay View Post
"sport killing" has been well documented with the human animal. "Hunters" will kill 1000's of coyotes a year for "sport" but say "it was needed because the coyote was doing what it does in nature, so I must kill them"
Granted if I farmed land and they were ruing my land then I would control them, but not for sport..not traveling around killing them everywhere I saw them because I thought its fun. Same with coyotes and wolves..If they were taking my animals then I would kill the ones doing it, not every single one in the state
People absolutely sport hunt, and they are also the species that places limits on that behavior. The issue you missed was the mythology vs. biology of the wolf. They only kill what they need is deliberately misleading for the purpose of other agendas. I think you're statement that basically you would control them if they bothered your stuff is refreshingly honest. Better than I'm used to from the wolf crowd, but your knowledge of what it takes to control coyote populations is either willfully or woefully ignorant. But hey it wasn't your backyard the Feds targeted with the introduction of wolves. The cherry on top was paying for it by appropriating the funds from those nasty awful sport hunters to do it. Here in Washington I've lost count of the Shiras bull moose I could have killed. Many BC specimens. In that time we've seen a tremendous increase in those animals, with the wolf population uncontrolled, this won't last. This predator kills 24/7 365 with no regard for the overall health of the herd. Check the stats from Yellowstone, the Bighole or many Idaho units. Sport hunting humans have no need to apologize, and our accomplishments in restoring, managing, and conserving wildlife ( many that were endangered before there was an Endangered Species Act) in this country are unmatched any where by any one.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member

Wow.

A couple of those posts by Sully2 and Timmay...I'm not even sure the tools exist in their toolbox to understand this issue. How you two can call yourselves hunters and have the thinking you do is beyond me.

Fact is, I really wonder if you are hunters. If you are, it just goes to show the financial and biological lack of understanding of how and why wildlife management works in this country and the abundant wildlife we have had because of the unique, sportsmen hunter supported system we have here. If you don't have at least an elementary grasp of this subject, with the replies you've given, I fear there is little place to start as you seem quite entrenched in thinking that deep sixes the very thing you say you love--hunting.

Sully2 and Timmay:

1) Prove to us that you are hunters-

2) Explain to us how wildlife management is funded in this country and the role that wolves will play in that-

If you can do that (and there are many here willing to help you understand the "North American Wildlife Management Model", if you would accept pointers), then we might have a place to start a discussion with you two. Otherwise, you are contributing nothing but nonsensical words.

Show us the facts to back up your statements.

Sully2, you said that no wolf has killed humans that wasn't rabid, as I recal. That is completely false and I gave you plenty of well known, well documented info to contradict your incorrect statement. Do the same in return to back up your statements and maybe we can start to have a conversation as so far your statements have little to do with facts, as you say they did.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member

I hate those suckers! They need to turn some loose near that brain fried judge in San Fran......Rich
Old 02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member

sp6x6
I did notice your absence on this issue, welcome back!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

Sully2 and timmay,

Go back to page 8 of this thread and find my post where I left links to two recent wolf threads and, for the love of mike, read 'em both carefully and save us all alot of trouble and strife!

Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 02-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=jmden;610250]Wow.

A couple of those posts by Sully2 and Timmay...I'm not even sure the tools exist in their toolbox to understand this issue. How you two can call yourselves hunters and have the thinking you do is beyond me.

/QUOTE]

You sure did send a few pointers out...such as the very first paragraph...
"
A wolf attack is an attack on a human by a wolf or wolves. Wild wolves are generally timid around humans. Wolves usually try to avoid contact with people, to the point of even abandoning their kills when an approaching human is detected, though there are several reported circumstances in which wolves have been recorded to act aggressively toward humans.
Compared to other carnivorous mammals known to attack humans in general, the frequency with which wolves have been recorded to kill or prey on people is much lower, indicating that though potentially dangerous, wolves are among the least threatening for their size and predatory potential"

Savage killers...LOL

And BTW...there's lots of difference between "hunters" and "killers willing to shoot anything that walks"...but I suppose thats an ETHICS question and isnt to be chatted about
Old 02-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay View Post
Awesome! Then hunting will be real! While you stalk elk, the wolves will be stalking you. That will make hunting very interesting and much more thrilling
I don't very often criticize people on this forum or anywhere else, but you guys, Sully2 and Tinmay, have "no clue" what you are talking about and are in fact part of the problem taking place in this country! I spend my life in the woods here in the NW and have seen dozens of wolf kills which were never eaten. I did a scion collection job last winter up the St. Joe river here in N Id. and counted 16 kills in a 25 mile stretch while snowmobiling, most of which were not eaten! They are like sharks in a feeding frenzy and if given the opportunity, this is what they do. They have nearly wiped out the elk in a place I have hunted for 30 years and as others have mentioned, these animals are NOT the same wolves that once inhabited this country. WAKE UP!. Maybe Ohio isn't the place you should be checking this out!.......Rich