Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

*****Wolf hunting..... now legal in Wyoming******

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Bronze Member

the wolves are the trophy animal, not the elk, and the wolves become a predator outside that protected area. the elk are just the lunch
Old 04-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Silver Member

I read an article a few days ago about the delisting. As soon as the wolves were delisted, the states took immediate control of them. I read that by the end of the first weekend there had been about 5 killed in one area (outside of the protected area).
Old 04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
SPONSOR

At least it is a start.... 5 down 600 more to go :-)
Old 04-10-2008, 02:46 AM

We had some in Dutch Jon, Utah a couple months ago. I'm sure they haven't made it back to Pindale yet!
Old 04-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member

Good news on the delisting !!

Last edited by ol mike; 04-19-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Silver Member

My opinion is, instead of the bickering like toddlers. Maybe You Wyoming folks, that are up to par on the legalities, should host a wolf hunt. Work for the cause, not against each other. Being a montana resident I am very aware of the impact of wolves around Gardiner. They are devastating to the economy as we all know. Oh also, where do I find the dead wolf pictures?
Old 04-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member

Who's bickering like toddlers? I see a lot of folks stating facts and giving info but don't see any bickering. Anyone would be a dang fool to host a wolf hunt anywhere giving the anti's more ammo in the press. About 25 or so years ago we had the national prarie dog shoot in sw colorado to help ranchers and maybe bring a couple of dollars to the local community. It did extremely well right off the bat was going to be a screaming success. As it became promoted more and more nationally the anti's picked up on it and had the shoot blasted in every national and international media known. It became the national cry to save the poor little prarie dog all those mean ole hunters were killing. Every major news network showed up the next year to blast every shooter there they could and show this event in the most terrible of ways. The shoot was stopped and major legislation then came forth severely limiting the hunting of prarie dogs. Lesson learned! That was with a prarie dog hunt! Could you imagine this with wolves as touchy a subject as they are!

Please don't anybody try this with wolves!
Just kill the things and shut up.