Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Wind judgement is so critical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Silver Member

Wind judgement is so critical

Was lucky enough to draw a Black Bear tag in Nevada this year. I do a lot of pea icing at long yardage, so when a large boar was in the only place we could get a shot at him
I took a 722 yd shot at him trying to hit him in the head...wind was light but even though I got the distance correct I still hit about 10 inches out in front of him.
Lucky Bear...
Old 01-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Wind judgement is so critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scott View Post
Was lucky enough to draw a Black Bear tag in Nevada this year. I do a lot of pea icing at long yardage, so when a large boar was in the only place we could get a shot at him
I took a 722 yd shot at him trying to hit him in the head...wind was light but even though I got the distance correct I still hit about 10 inches out in front of him.
Lucky Bear...
I have no idea of what pea icing is but it doesn't seem to lend itself to being sensible.

A 722 yard head shot, or a head shot @ any distance, is a pretty low percentage shot.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
I have no idea of what pea icing is but it doesn't seem to lend itself to being sensible.

A 722 yard head shot, or a head shot @ any distance, is a pretty low percentage shot.
Yep. Very low.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Platinum Member

Well Roy I was also hoping someone would tell us what pea icing is?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member

Only thing i can come up with is that maybe he posted that on his smart phone and he tried to type plinking and might have spelled it wrong and so the phone auto corrected it to pea icing? The IPhone is bad about that. I sent a message to someone saying that I gave the coyote a sec (means second) before I shot it. It auto corrected sec to sex and so my text was sent saying.. I gave the coyote a sex before I shot it. The receiving party of that text thought it was quite hilarious.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil78 View Post
Only thing i can come up with is that maybe he posted that on his smart phone and he tried to type plinking and might have spelled it wrong and so the phone auto corrected it to pea icing? The IPhone is bad about that. I sent a message to someone saying that I gave the coyote a sec (means second) before I shot it. It auto corrected sec to sex and so my text was sent saying.. I gave the coyote a sex before I shot it. The receiving party of that text thought it was quite hilarious.
Are the hides worth more if you have sex with the coyote before you shoot it? haha thats funny. If it were me id never let you live that one down

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 01-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Are the hides worth more if you have sex with the coyote before you shoot it? haha thats funny. If it were me id never let you live that one down

Don't go knocking wild coyote ugly sex till you have tried it Mike.

Just sayin