Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Wind forecast on Intellicast.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2004, 05:55 AM
PUBLISHER

Wind forecast on Intellicast.com

I have been waiting for good winds to evaluate some loads for my 7mm Dakota. Today and tomorrow will be good. Do you know about this website?

The main site, www.Intellicast.com. , has weather forecasts for any zipcode. Insert your zipcode in the upper right corner of the main page of the site and click.

After you get to the weather page for your own zipcode, look in the upper left corner where you will find a sub-menu for "forecasts". This menu includes "wind". Once in the "wind" sub-menu notice the drop-down menu for "time of day". The wind forecasts available go out as far in time as the morning of the 3rd day. I hope my directions were clear.

I also use this service for planning my archery deer hunting stand selection for an upcoming hunt.

[ 01-08-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-08-2004, 06:07 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Re: Wind forecast on Intellicast.com

Len,

Nice, very nice, Thanks for the info. Only porblem I see is that I am nt sure that Wapiti Wyoming will be idependant of Cody ( 23 miles east ) Even though we had 34* here in Wapiti but Cody was 7*. Our weather via weather.com ALWAYS is the same as Cody's even though in reality it NEVER is...
One of the little drawbacks for living in rural america.. but I ain't com plaining.

I'll give it a run through to see what happens
Old 08-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Silver Member

Re: Wind forecast on Intellicast.com

good info thanks