Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Winchester Model 70 Stocks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Winchester Model 70 Stocks?

I also ended up ordering a McMillan stock for my LR Model 70. It cost more but after having used it for several years, I'm very happy with it. The issue is that many stock suppliers offer a particular configuration, and there are quite a few variations. I you are lucky enough to match up with them you may be able to get a good stock at a lower price. McMillan can provide all the configurations, but the waiting time can be a fee months.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Silver Member

Thanks for the info. My model 70 was built in the mid 70's and is the push feed. I have looked at the McMillens. They look like nice stocks but a bit pricey and I don't want to wait a few months to receive my stock. But then again my rifle is shootable with the other stock so I guess I could wait. I will have to give it some thought.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Silver Member

I bought a HS Precision & really like the way it fits me. I bought it from Stocky s & had it made longer which is a option & It is a very nice stock. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Silver Member

Go to the Midway USA web site and look at the different Winchester Model 70 stocks that they offer. You will find, Hogue, Boyd. Choate, HS Precision and McMillan. I think with all that they have to offer you should be able to find one that will work for you.