Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Winchester Model 70 Stocks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Silver Member

Winchester Model 70 Stocks?

I have been building my rifle for the last year now. It is a post-64 Win mod 70 7mm mag. I purchased a Bell and Carlson duralite stock for it and had the action bedded. But I don't like the feel of this stock. In my search of other options I am coming up very limited. This is my last piece of the puzzle. Well, at least for now. The barrel is the factory barrel and I do not plan to change this until it burns out. Everywhere I look the Winchester stocks are not available or out of stock. Do any of you winchester fans have some recomendations as to stocks and where to get them. I was looking at HS percision but cannot find any place that has them in stock. This is a hunting rifle and I am trying to keep the weight down as much as possible. I really do not have a budget for this but obviously want to get the best bang for the buck.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: Winchester Model 70 Stocks?

so I am getting as many responses as I am finding stocks!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Bronze Member

Have you tried WildCat Composit Stocks?
They make a light weight copy of the Winchester Featherweight stock.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Silver Member

Never heard of them.. But I will look them up. Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Platinum Member

Waiting is part of the game. My McMillan order is 4 months out if all goes well. MPI, and others out there have Winchester pattern stocks. Some makers have degrees of lightweight. Decide what you want, and expect a line.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pburton View Post
I have been building my rifle for the last year now. It is a post-64 Win mod 70 7mm mag. I purchased a Bell and Carlson duralite stock for it and had the action bedded. But I don't like the feel of this stock. In my search of other options I am coming up very limited. This is my last piece of the puzzle. Well, at least for now. The barrel is the factory barrel and I do not plan to change this until it burns out. Everywhere I look the Winchester stocks are not available or out of stock. Do any of you winchester fans have some recomendations as to stocks and where to get them. I was looking at HS percision but cannot find any place that has them in stock. This is a hunting rifle and I am trying to keep the weight down as much as possible. I really do not have a budget for this but obviously want to get the best bang for the buck.
Clarify if you would, is this a push feed or controlled round feed Rifle?

If it's the push feed which followed the original pre 64, and predates the current production model Stocky's has quite a few options for you.

StockysStocks.com (MBI, Inc.) Product List
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 AM
Platinum Member

The last stock I got from McMillan was for a Win Pre 64 Mdl 70. They will build anything you want but there is a long wait.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein