Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Williamsport - I had a "Blast"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2002, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Williamsport - I had a "Blast"

Dave'I get 24.5 MOA.............
Old 08-04-2002, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Dave7mm

At 1000 feet elevation and with the numbers you gave me here is what comes up

At 1000 Yards----23.2 MOA
At 1040 Tards----24.9 MOA

Try 24 MOA for actual at 1022 Yards.

Both Boyd and my charts will certainly put you on paper and near the bull and only 5" (.5MOA) apart in our readings. One MOA is 10" at 1000 yards.

Later
DC

[ 08-04-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]
Old 08-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Silver Member

Hello Don,
Nice meeting you Saturday. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. I too, shot in the 9th relay hoping to beat Darryl. It didn't happen but we had fun.
You'll have to get yourself a new stock and come back again. Hope to see you there.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:19 PM

PrimeTime,

Nice meeting and talking to you as well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I am already planning on getting a McMillan "Hunter Class" stock. This is my deer rifle and even though I could get hooked FAST into the 1000 yard bench rest game, I'm not going to do it. This winter, after our deer season I will be sending the barreled action off to Dan Dowling to have him install a new McMillan Hunter Class stock.

We plan on comming back in Sept - hopefully when you guys turn on the A/C down there, lol. I must of drank 4 gallons of liquid yesterday. Personally I prefer the white stuff - Snow.

Have a good one,

Don [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2002, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member

Don,I'm glad you guy's had fun.You missed a good day today.....A few 100 score's and Mark K shot a 3.3 inch group today.The record is 3.151......Oh so close........ [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .I shot a 12 with a 92 score...Not bad but not good enough.I was tied for second for score in my relay.Oh well maybe next time......Thank you for the kind words.Later.....Boyd....
Old 08-05-2002, 12:04 PM

Darryl,

When you looked through my "Superior" Schmidt & Bender I would of figured that a guy with all your experience would of changed the Parallax to 1000 meters instead of leaving it at 100 meters, seriously.

By the way, Schmidt & Bender puts actual numbers on the parallax knob because they have it figured out, unlike those "Inferior" Leupolds. Leupold just puts lines on their parallax knob, since they have no clue, lol.

What power are your glasses? What is your vision without them? My vision is 20-15 without glasses. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Let the Games begin, lol

Dave is hooked BIG TIME. On our drive back he kept saying: Next time I am going to shoot. I think he wanted to see how bad I did first, lol.
Have a good one all,

Don [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2002, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member

Shaky

Your "Inferior" S&B scope is just like all the others I have looked through in the past "AFTER" the paralex was adjusted. Just thought they were all alike. Is yours any different? Does it REALLY matter on "that" brand of scope how much you adjust them??
Do they ever clear up? Haven't seen one that did yet.

Most people coming to a 1000 yard match and in later relays have already made some sort of adjustment to their scopes before waiting till the last minute and especially before they hand it to someone to look at just before "he" is getting ready to shoot.

Knowing just how inferior they are in the optics and low powers, I guess it just didn't interest me to make any adjustments on "YOUR" scope and change the settings. That's a no-no at our range to move ANY adjustment on anothers property anyway.

This "experianced" shooter will never do that and you can take that to the bank.

Knowing you were a "first time" newbie shooter with very little LR shooting experiance , I just thought maybe that's the way you always used it.

Anyway, try a new Leupold LR, Nightforce or Unertl 2" and put your hands on a "REAL" scope.
Your running out of time to enjoy and experiance a whole new World of Opticle viewing.

Hope to see you at another match when the weather cools down and maybe someone will loan you a "good" scope with a bit more power to see the white card on the target.

As an add on here, your "inferior" S&B scope is ONLY "superior" to a Tasco if that.

Later
DC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]