Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Wife doing the shooting :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Gold Member

Wife doing the shooting :)

So the last day we are in NC my wife ask about shooting at some jugs. We (my brother and i) spent the previous afternoon shooting jugs out to 400 yards. I asked her if she wanted to try it and she said yes set me up the hardest shot you can. Well where we were shooting 400 yards is the farthest you can get so i set her up one at 350 and 400 and here are the results. Just so you know she is shooting a Savage Model 12 BVSS in 22-250.

The first one is at 350. Watch real good in the middle of the screen.

YouTube - wife shoots jug at 350 yards

this one is at 400 but i am filming from at the target. There is a long section in the middle that last about a minute before she shoots. Just to warn you. Shot happens at around 1:39 into it.

YouTube - Wife shoots jug at 400yds
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Wife doing the shooting :)

Dont make her mad.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member

Got to love it when they make it look so easy.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Silver Member

Gotta love it when you have one more activity in common.

I introduced my daughter-in-law to shooting. Her third trip to the range I was busy with my grandson so my son set up some clay pigeons at 200 and 100 yards. He showed her how to handle my 22-250. It was the first center fire rifle she had ever shot. She proceeded to break 3 on the 200 yard berm before they realized that she was shooting the "wrong" ones.

Some of the best shots that I have known, that seemed to come by it naturally, were women. My mom is one of them. My wife out shot me the first time I introduced her to a pistol.

Tell your wife that I am proud of her!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member

My wife does all my fire forming, I have to load them hot enough to get them out to a 1000yrds. If I go to the range with her I always end up being the spotter

One of the gun builds on my list is to make her a rifle just for her, she is a champion muzzle loader shooter also, it is sick to see how fast she can load cap and fire a cap gun, I see guys at the range fumbling around with there bolt guns not be able to keep pace with her.

I'm keeping my insurance policy just below making murder worth it

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 06-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post

I'm keeping my insurance policy just below making murder worth it
That's funny, I have a guy that I work with that tells me I'm crazy for teaching my wife how to shoot. I told him I thought it was pretty smart cause if I get her mad enough at me she wants to use a gun on me she will know what she is doing and kill me not just cripple me up for the rest of my life
Old 06-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=sniperjwt;403721]That's funny, I have a guy that I work with that tells me I'm crazy for teaching my wife how to shoot. I told him I thought it was pretty smart cause if I get her mad enough at me she wants to use a gun on me she will know what she is doing and kill me not just cripple me up for the rest of my life [/QUOTE

Or, she can shoot good enough to take your knee caps of one at a time. Woman scorned is nothing to mess with, and I have no plans to go there either!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"