Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

wich 30. caliber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Silver Member

Re: wich 30. caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
With regards to ammo (regardless of your caliber choice) not making it over to Africa, why don't you send the ammo to your guide/outfitter way ahead before you get there.
Because exporting/importing firearms or ammunition across international borders is quite a lot more complicated when it is freighted vs when it travels as part of the hunters checked bags. Travelling internationally with firearms is getting more difficult every day, but carrying items with you is still by far the "simplest" option.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member

Re: wich 30. caliber

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX
With regards to ammo (regardless of your caliber choice) not making it over to Africa, why don't you send the ammo to your guide/outfitter way ahead before you get there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus Bailey View Post
Because exporting/importing firearms or ammunition across international borders is quite a lot more complicated when it is freighted vs when it travels as part of the hunters checked bags. Travelling internationally with firearms is getting more difficult every day, but carrying items with you is still by far the "simplest" option.
Had a co-worker in my squadron that did exactly what I posted. She and her husband do the annual safari with the same PH/outfitter (???) ... unless it has change in the last couple of years.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.