Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Why are my shots going to the right?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: Why are my shots going to the right?

Oh, by the way Joe, I shoot from a mile to 2500 yds a lot. I use only 100 yd zeros. You may want to reconsider your belief that 100 yd zeros are only good for load development and getting a scope close.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
the way I do it is. I'll use a target with the 4 bulls 1 in each corner and 1 in the center. I'll start ate the lower left corner and aim only at that target, shoot 1 shot dial in right windage to get to the lower right target shoot 1 shot, dial up elevation to get to the upper right target shoot 1 shot, dial left windage to upper left target shoot 1 shot dial down elevation back to lower left target shot 1 final shot. you should have have a hit on each and the 2 on the lower left should be grouped respective to the grouping you normally get. But you have to aim at the first target you shoot at through out the entire process.
your talking about a mill or moa scope not like just plain 3x9x40 right
Old 09-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
Yep Joe, you stated the picture of the 200 yd zero was submitted to show you were zeroed correctly. It shows you are not zeroed correctly. If you use an imperfectly centered zero regardless of the distance, the imperfection will get progressively worse at increasing distances.

Um ok you might want to go back and look who the op is.......... Hint IT'S NOT ME JACKASS
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 09-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat head View Post
your talking about a mill or moa scope not like just plain 3x9x40 right

Yes a a LR scope with mechanical zero's, like a Millet TRS to a Nightforce NXS
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Silver Member

Well pardon me Joe, you were not the OP; however, you were the one that posted 100 yd zeros have no value other than load development or getting a scope close. I do believe spewing forth equine excrement such as this puts you in the Jack Ass section along beside me, sooo, from one Jack Ass to another please forgive me for getting your post mixed up with others.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member

equine excretement? Glad my wife don't look at this site.......
Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
equine excretement? Glad my wife don't look at this site.......
I dunno dude got fastracked to the ignore list

Joe