Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Who's a Sniper?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Bronze Member

Who's a Sniper?

I was just wondering how many 1000yd shooters there are in America. No disrespect to anyone overseas intended. I believe there are more snipers per capita in this country than any country in the world.
If you have shot 3/4 minute or better at greater than 800 yds please post a yipper in reply to this thread.
I am curios because I believe it would be nearly impossible to take this country without paying an unacceptable price.

God bless America and its silent sniper force who practices long range shooting on a daily basis.

BTW, Yep!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Gold Member

Re: Who's a Sniper?

For as being a good shot r in most cases better than most. Then most every one on this forum that take shooting seriously. But for as calling any of one that shoots good a snipers is way off. Not even close to the same thing.

But if you want to see how many guys have r can shoot 3/4 moa at 800 r better then there r a lot of guys that can do this on here and other forums.

yep i have but don't want to try it with the chance of getting shot for doing it. I'll let the real snipers have that job and title.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

I shoot paper and animals. Snipers shoot people and target objects in tactical situations where peoples lives are on the line. I call my self a Long range hunter and a recreational shooter. As was previously posted there is a certain amount of respect that comes with the "Sniper" designation. Most people in the military dont earn the title, because it is a position of respect and also great responibility. lets not down play the role of the military's elite.

I apoligize if I sound harsh, but I really feel that respect is due.

the truth of the mater is that if any powerful countries decided to war all the fighting would be done by a computer technitian.

Im a Canadian by the way.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff 300 View Post
For as being a good shot r in most cases better than most. Then most every one on this forum that take shooting seriously. But for as calling any of one that shoots good a snipers is way off. Not even close to the same thing.

But if you want to see how many guys have r can shoot 3/4 moa at 800 r better then there r a lot of guys that can do this on here and other forums.

yep i have but don't want to try it with the chance of getting shot for doing it. I'll let the real snipers have that job and title.
The shooting is only part of it. If your a hunter on top of it, your getting closer. It'd be a smaller leap than most of the rest of the population. It still would be a pretty good leap to achieve the level of skill of a military sniper. It still wouldn't stop me from picking off invaders if I could.

Had a chance to do it in the Army but took an early out instead. Had the chance come sooner in my enlistment it would have been a different story.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner52 View Post
I was just wondering how many 1000yd shooters there are in America. No disrespect to anyone overseas intended. I believe there are more snipers per capita in this country than any country in the world.
If you have shot 3/4 minute or better at greater than 800 yds please post a yipper in reply to this thread.
I am curios because I believe it would be nearly impossible to take this country without paying an unacceptable price.

God bless America and its silent sniper force who practices long range shooting on a daily basis.

BTW, Yep!
Don't insult snipers. There's a hell of a lot more to being a sniper than being able to shoot at long distance.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member

I can almost tell you with certainty, that who ever is a sniper on this forum, won't tell you he's a sniper. It's kind of a private practice.

Wild Rose,
Don't think he meant any disrespect. I think he is just curious.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Platinum Member

EDIT a person who fails to understand that vegetarian ungulates don't carry guns and shoot back. Only about one percent of the population actually serves in the military and of those about 9 percent are in one of the combat arms. So in the end only about one tenth of one percent of this country population actually serves in combat.

Last edited by Len Backus; 12-01-2011 at 09:20 AM.