Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Where to get thumbhole stock for Rem 700 BDL DM LA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Silver Member

Where to get thumbhole stock for Rem 700 BDL DM LA

as the title implies, does anyone know where to get a thumbhole stock for a Remington Model 700 BDL DM Long Action, I would prefer composite, not synthetic, but am also open to a Laminate stock.

thanks in advance. I don't really want to spend McMillan money, I think I am looking for something already made, maybe Bell and Carlson, or a Laminate or..?? I have not really found much for the DM period, let alone thumbhole, but maybe someone knows of something.

thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Where to get thumbhole stock for Rem 700 BDL DM LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeless61 View Post
as the title implies, does anyone know where to get a thumbhole stock for a Remington Model 700 BDL DM Long Action, I would prefer composite, not synthetic, but am also open to a Laminate stock.

thanks in advance. I don't really want to spend McMillan money, I think I am looking for something already made, maybe Bell and Carlson, or a Laminate or..?? I have not really found much for the DM period, let alone thumbhole, but maybe someone knows of something.

thanks in advance.
Any of the HS precision or B&C stocks can be inletted for Remington factory DBM's.

Go to Stocky's Stocks and order through them and it will cut your wait time considerably vs trying to go directly through the MFG.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Gold Member

Re: Where to get thumbhole stock for Rem 700 BDL DM LA

I used one of these for a SS REM 700 280 and it is awesome.

Does require some skill with dremel to clean up the inletting and bedding. I used Devcon steel bed on mine. I have used JB weld to bed and while not as good as Devcon, it suffices. For less than $300 it is easily one of the best stocks I have in the stable.

Premier Thumbhole Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Long Action Factory Barrel Channel Synthetic Olive Green Black Spiderweb
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.