Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

When isnt it hunting anymore ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Gold Member

Re: When isnt it hunting anymore ?

Its not hunting when he game is in a fenced enclosure,range has nothing to do with it.And this kind of "hunting" does nothing to propmote or protect our sport,exactly the opposite.

Last edited by NONYA; 12-29-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONYA View Post
Its not hunting when he game is in a fenced enclosure,range has nothing to do with it.And this kind of "hunting" does nothing to propmote or protect our sport,exactly the opposite.

NONYA, Don't you ever shoot a nice montana elk with his back side up against a rock cliff or a nice muley surrounded by mountains with one way out and you just so happen to be standing between the muley and the only exit .....

It's not hunting when you can ride around in a truck in Montana spot big bull elk in a field and drive up to the land owner and offer him a trophy fee pay the funds drive back out lay the ole smoke stick over the hood of the truck and lay em down. Is this hunting???

Bigbuck
Old 12-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
NONYA, Don't you ever shoot a nice montana elk with his back side up against a rock cliff or a nice muley surrounded by mountains with one way out and you just so happen to be standing between the muley and the only exit .....

It's not hunting when you can ride around in a truck in Montana spot big bull elk in a field and drive up to the land owner and offer him a trophy fee pay the funds drive back out lay the ole smoke stick over the hood of the truck and lay em down. Is this hunting???

Bigbuck
Bigbuck,I'd like to see those big bulls you just drive up to. Hunted last 2 yrs. w/ out seeing a 6x6 w/ gun in hand, and hard mtn. hunting in 2 states. BUY the way MT HAS NO high fence hunting, that is how Montanan's want it
Old 12-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6x6 View Post
Bigbuck,I'd like to see those big bulls you just drive up to. Hunted last 2 yrs. w/ out seeing a 6x6 w/ gun in hand, and hard mtn. hunting in 2 states. BUY the way MT HAS NO high fence hunting, that is how Montanan's want it
sp6x6, I had read a while ago on this site of someone from wyoming or montana doing just that driving up and offering a trophy fee to a land owner that had a monster bull in his field the snow had driven him down to the valley in this case though the land owner didn't allow the hunter to hunt own his property if he had shot the big bull I'm sure he would have thought it was hunting atleast to him. The only place I've ever hunted is public land in Colorado and hunting leases elsewere, for white tail no feeders or fences . I was in no way trying to say that you do not earn your game but these standards are hardly anything more than my opinion verses yours .

If it's legal it's hunting.... My opinion

Bigbuck
Old 12-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Gold Member

not even going to reply to your trolling ignorance

Old 12-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6x6 View Post
The guy I work for has a huge herd come down on the pivots during rifle season. I had 175 ish legal bulls with about 800 cows and spikes walk by me withing 50yrds one night. NO SHOT There were 13, solid 300+ plus class bulls with 3 woppers, all come off public ground if you know where to ambush.
I hunted 4 days and had no shot, there are 67 houses around the ranch and only a few shooting lanes, then you have to have a single elk step into that shooting lane or if they have a clue they stay 500yrd away from any cover. You have one shot only.
Next year there should be some real nice bulls
Old 12-30-2009, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member

IGUESS I'm at the wrong end of the state, it has to be easier than what I do, somewhere. Most peole in Mt around here dont see 13 , 300 type bulls in their hunting career. I WOULD GUESS that you have a wall of 6x6?