Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Whats up at Greybull Precision?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Whats up at Greybull Precision?

Just talked to Don Ward at Greybull Precision. Sounds like the ownership issues were just settled last week and of the 5 original owners, John Burns is not an owner of GreyBull Precision anymore.

I asked Don what he thought John would do now and he said he thought John would (more or less) form his own company and keep doing the same kind of thing...be a competitor, in other words. At any rate, they had the stock I wanted in stock, so I ordered one.

This'll be for a combo long range/in the trees elk gun in 300RUM pushing the 230 Berger OTM. I think this stock is the best combination of good shape for prone, but handles well otherwise, that I've seen.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member

I've been thinking about that off and on for a while. I wonder what the real skinny is? John was with BOTW, just as they seemed to be getting really popular he split. Then comes Greybull Precision, they start to get a good reputation & he's gone again... I'm not saying there's something wrong with John per say, just my curiosity I guess.

t

Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Silver Member

I wasn't sure about the stock originally, but after handling it I am really impressed. Good handling for off hand shots and good balance off of bags.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
I've been thinking about that off and on for a while. I wonder what the real skinny is?
+1

I've wondered the same thing. I think it is a conflict of oversized personalities of several players.

BOTW has had a number of people come and go over the last few years. Good or not so good is a matter of one's opinion but that isn't the point at the moment. I've dealt with a few on the phone and all goes well until you stray from their line of thinking. For example, a couple of years ago when I ordered their turret for my scope, no problem, but when I asked if they could also cut a MOA turret, the conversation got less cordial by a notch or two and ended with them hanging up. I didn't expect the NY attitude from the folks out there. I know this was the exception and not the rule.

I've exchanged email with Don at Greybull and all went well. I got an acceptable reply to my request almost immediately. However, execution of that request took some time because of the problems but that too resolved quite acceptably to me considering the delay.

That's my take on this.