Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

What is your purpose for being on this forum?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: What is your purpose for being on this forum?

I became a member here after lurking on and off because I decided it was time to stretch my comfort range of 400 yards on game so I plunked down some money for a good long range rifle and gear and started reading here for tips and info.

I am a member of quite a few online hunting/shooting forums and this is one of the most civil and knowledgeable ones out there so far.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Gold Member

Ditto to OP.

Many on the Forum are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I really appreciate the helpful knowledgeable responses.

Clean humane hunting at long range is what this forum is and should continue to be. Anything extra is gravy.

I appreciate that there will be those who are shooting at shorter ranges as they seek to stretch and grow their skills and as long as they are asking and receiving with civil tolerance for the forums main focus, then peace abounds.

Non Believers should please take the rhetoric elsewhere.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:00 PM

AMEN! Elkaholic, Broz, Scott E, Well Put! I noticed a few people aren't on the same page with the good guys! I belong to a few sites and this one has helped me more in past few months than any in the past several years. I'm kinda quiet but I'm paying attention! Keep it up guys! - Barry
Old 05-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Silver Member

I'm a member of this site because I love long range hunting. In 1971 I made a WAG at a whitetail deer which was later measured at 603 yards. I was smart enough to know that I did not know what I was doing. From that time until now I have studied the the science of long rang ballistics. When I found this site I found my new source of information. Great information on here. Thanks for this forum Len.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
I would like to thank all of the quality guys on this forum, which 90% of you are, for all the good input, expertise, swapping stories, etc. which come from a shared interest in "long range hunting"! We don't always agree on everything, which is just fine. That all makes for good discussion. Having said that, it has become increasingly more apparent to me that there are a few people on this forum that are NOT here for that shared interest but to promote their own agendas! Some of you don't believe in the ethics of long range hunting, some of you are huggers of one form or another, etc., etc. For you, I would suggest that there are literally dozens of forums where you would fit in much better. I personally believe that Len runs the best forum of the kind "anywhere" and I don't think he needs to change a thing! There are a handful of you that should be thankful Len is in charge and not me as you would be banned! Maybe that is why I am in charge of very little in life. I have chosen to ignore "not respond" to certain individuals because it only gives them air time to continue with their promotion. Sometimes my dander gets up, and I don't follow my own advice! Anyway, for what it's worth, if you don't agree with the "long Range Hunting" ethic, you think there is only one ethical choice of weapon, or you think wolves do a better job of controlling game than people, etc., then you might be on the wrong forum!.....Rich
Also 100% in agreement. I am a relatively new at the the long range portion of shooting. My first discipline was becoming compeitive with a handgun. As I have gotten more aged, my hands have started to let me down (Arthur). As I love to shoot and shoot accurately, I found this forum recently and have been taking in as much information as possible.

Hopefully, at a later I will be able to pass this information and experience on to someone else.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member

I like to be able to come on here and get the help that I need. I don't think there has been one time that I have been on here asking a question that someone hasn't steered me the right way. I also like to read about those doing the long range hunting part and sharing the stories. With any luck, I will be shooting past 1k before the end of this year (hopefully accurately haha).

I also like being on here and talking to like minded individuals.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Silver Member

I came here as a complete NOOB to long range hunting. I have been actively hunting and shooting my entire life but my long range stuff was limited to lobbing bullets at rocks at unknown ranges and guessing holdover and windage. The feeling I got on the rare occasions when I connected got me revved up and serious. I came here to learn and try to improve my meager skills. I am learning every day and starting to make some improvements. One of these days I hope to have the confidence to take the long shots you guys are making. I have many of you to thank for helping me along and I am eternally grateful to all of you. I have learned about guns, optics, loading long range ammo, reading the wind and more on this forum.

Even when I first started reading here it was pretty easy to separate the real shooters from the "internet pros" and I pretty much ignore the huggers. When I have something I think is constructive to offer (not very often) I post it. Otherwise I try to listen and learn, I also ask questions on occasion and have usually received great responses, we all have different opinions on some things and different skill levels but I think most of us are after the same thing.

Lots of talent here, please continue to share your experience and opinions. To the other 10% I have nothing to offer.

Bob