Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

What would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Bronze Member

What would you do?

I just sent back my new rem700 sps 300rum to get the click then boom problem looked at. So that will putt a hold on my build, if they can even fix it. That made me ask the question why don't I get a finished gun from one of this sites gun shops all tuned up? I'm lucky that I could afford it now with a little saving. My thought is I would like to learn how to build up a gun, but I just don't have enough time and patients it takes to do all that is entailed. I would like to just build up a load and shoot with my time. Or am I just way off the page.

Have any of you use Defensive Edg or others?

Thanks JP
Old 12-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Gold Member

Re: What would you do?

Are you wanting a gun to shoot sooner than later? I'm sure you'd be happy with DE or any others on this site. Personally I chose Centershot Rifles. If you're wanting a gun sooner rather than later, you should realize that they're all booked for months and months. I heard Kirby Allen was 18 months - can't verify, but even if it's half that...

Another option might be going through Len Backus LongRangeRifles, LLC. I'm not sure what gunsmiths he uses, but he says he can ship a few certain rifles in 4 weeks or less. Might be even faster than your safety is fixed!

Custom Long Range Hunting Rifles
Old 12-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member

Shooting is much more preferable to waiting.

With your way you're starting with a quality ring and just have to learn to load and shoot and all the stuff that goes with shooting.

I'd go for it, if I were you.

There are plenty of smiths and other that have already crafted rigs covering the full spectrum of cartridges.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Gold Member

Jim @ Centershot rifles has done a bunch of work for my dad, my buddy and me. I plan to have him build me another gun when I save a little money. I'm very happy with the pistol he built me!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Silver Member

Ive also been looking at the Defensive Edge rifles. Im wanting a 338Edge and Shawns guns look really nice and from all the youtube videos Ive seen they shoot very well also. I was curious about the wait time though. I im not a paitent person either when it comes to waiting for a new toy. I was hoping to find one that someone was wanting to sell in the classifieds, but no luck yet. Ive looked at the Centershot rifles too that are on here, but I was unaware of the quality since you dont hear of many people buying or shooting them.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Hunter View Post
I just sent back my new rem700 sps 300rum to get the click then boom problem looked at. So that will putt a hold on my build, if they can even fix it. That made me ask the question why don't I get a finished gun from one of this sites gun shops all tuned up? I'm lucky that I could afford it now with a little saving. My thought is I would like to learn how to build up a gun, but I just don't have enough time and patients it takes to do all that is entailed. I would like to just build up a load and shoot with my time. Or am I just way off the page.

Have any of you use Defensive Edg or others?

Thanks JP
Defensive Edge

Last edited by jwp475; 12-13-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks guys for the help.