Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

What a nice day.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Silver Member

Re: What a nice day.

We've had up to ten whitetail feeding 10 yards from my deck every night for the last few weeks - at least since I started putting the feed out. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] They always cruise through at night, but now that we are feeding them, they show up regular during daylight hours, and my two boys are loving it. I keep having to explain to them why we can't shoot and eat one though.... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2003, 11:44 PM
Gold Member

I guess since you all are having such a nice day from coast to coast and everywhere between could you list the dates for the hunting seasons in your area. Then maybe we all could have a nice day also.

DC I get the point but, I really didn't know [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img].

Brent we don't have to many critters down this way that could handle your weather [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img].
Old 02-23-2003, 03:25 PM

Hi,DC,
Yes, you do have the wrong guy in mind.
My last name is Peer, and I've never shot BR. I can guarantee that we have never been introduced.
Have a really GREAT day.
C'ya. John.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Platinum Member

Hello John

I got your sign in name mixed up with a fellow that used to shoot at Williamsport 1000 yd matches. He still likes his 6.5/300 Weatherbys and he moved to Wyoming several years ago.

Sorry for the mix up.

Later
DC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 07:56 AM
*WyoWhisper*

John,

I gotta chime in on this one.. ISN"T living in WYO. great!!!!???

aside from the deep freeze we are in right now ( -3 was our high yesterday !!)

I too have the pleasure of watching the Mulies coe down every evening to feed with our horses.... we have a regular group of about 25-30 with a couple of nice bucks in the group.. 2 of them have shed the antlers which we snatched up asap... not sure what to do with them....

around our house it is like cocktail hour when the deer come down.. you can set a watch to it.. we feed at 4:30 p.m. and about 10 min. after we come inside you can see them coming off the foothills... time to go grab a coacktail and watch....
it is interesting to see how they interact with our horses especially the yearlings... they have become so used to each other that there is a pecking order not only with the horses but with the deer and the horses..!!

Yeah I too am damn gald I moved "out" here..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:49 AM

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited by: 338-378 ]
Old 02-24-2003, 06:44 PM
*WyoWhisper*

Fun.. Fun he says.. My friend, we are gonna redefine the meaning of fun....!!! I am working on the overview for ya right now...

Steve and Chip musta called me 20 times on cell phone on the way home to talk about the hunts this coming fall!!!

I'm home safe, but in a deep deep freeze......-4 for the high today!!!!

talk to ya soon buddy!!!