Re: What to get to clean my rifle?
Call Sinclair. They have everything you need.
1) Quality bore guide.
2) Quality, one piece rod....either SS or coated. There are two schools of thought on that one. I have the Dewey (sp) coated rod(s). I use two...one with a jag and one with a brush...saves time.
3) Take you pick on the juice...I use Butches bore shine, Sweets copper remover, JB bore paste, ISSO, Wipe out foam and liquid, and good break cleaner to clean everything up. It was stated on this form somewhere that a good carberator cleaner will remove carbon...I will find out soon enough.
4) Jags...I use Dewey in the proper caliber. I also have them in smaller calibers for when I want to patch in something, like copper remover, and leave as much as possible in the bore. Too tight a fit and you do not leave much in the bbl. Get a few of them...they are cheap.
5) Brushes.....I use bronze brushes....a lot of them. Get them a dozen at a time. Also get a couple of nylon brushes.
6) Patches...Get LOTS of them....For a 30 and 28 cal I use the 2 1/4 square. For the 6.5 and 6mm I use the 1 3/4 in squares.
7) Get an action cleaning tool...I grease my lugs a lot, so I clean my action every time I clean the bore.
8) Get a good bore mop. I always put a patch on the mop....gets the patches dirty instead of the mop...they last forever that way.
9) Get a tube of action grease...kind of like a plastic syringe(sp). I also use some very lightweight oil in my bore after cleaning and on my bolt.
10) I recomend a bolt dissasembly tool....saves time and some skin.
Get a good kit to store everything. Get rod storage casses.
Last edited by 4xforfun; 10-09-2011 at 07:33 PM.