Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

What do you guys think this used wall tent is worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Silver Member

Re: What do you guys think this used wall tent is worth?

Are you going to put a stove in it?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member

We have two Montana Canvas Tents for our elk camp, 12x 17 for sleeping quarters & a 10x 12 for a cook tent only. (also have a 12x 20 Alaskan guide for sleeping).

Price will depend somewhat on canvas weight, 10oz, 12oz etc. Not a great amount but enough to enquire about. Broz' prices are pretty much what we paid as well, except for the frames (ours are custom with an additional leg on each side).

I'd offer him $500, seems good...
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
What do you guys think this used wall tent is worth?-hunting-2011-038.jpg  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

Outlaw6.0 Looks like we have the same 12 x 17 tent. I love mine and it will sleep 4 on cots and still plent of room for the stove. and a small table.

Man all these pics of wall tents makes me want to load up and go!!

Andy, that 12x12 would be a great tent for you and Len with a small stove. I recommend you look at Riley Camp Stoves made right here is Townsend MT. The owner is an awesome guy. I have the "Wrangler" these stoves pack up all inside the stove, stove pipe and all and are very light.

outdoor wood stoves, Riley Stove Company Townsend, MT Home

Jeff
Old 05-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Field Editor

Thanks so much for all the helpful info guys! It was great getting all your input so quickly.

I bought the tent for $275. I'm very happy with the tent and the price. According to MC's website it looks like this tent would be well over $1000 brand new.

It's in new condition. Smells clean. I like how this size and shape of tent is a fairly compact package (including poles, etc.) for hauling around (truck, horse, backpack) and extremely easy to set up. We set it up in the yard and it took less time than setting up a large dome tent.

I think it will work out real well for 2 people to hunt out of. In a couple years if we feel we want something bigger - fine.

I also think my wife will enjoy it more than a big dome tent out in the Colorado high country this summer. Or do you guys think we'd be better off with a light-weight tent when the daytime temps are up in the high 70's or 80's? We'll be camping at 11,000 feet.

I will be planning on using a wood stove when needed. I really like the looks of the Riley Stoves. Thanks for the heads-up.

What advice would you guys give on how to choose a stove for a wall tent?
I would maybe do a little cooking on it in a pinch, but nothing serious.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Silver Member

Get a big one the don't stoke for many hours

Last edited by DUKE NUKEM; 05-17-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member

You stole that tent for $275... lucky guy!!

It is surprising how quickly those big wall tents go up when an experienced crew tackles it. Even our 12x17 with full interior frame, two guys, 30mins staked & moving things inside.... & WAY more room. They stay a lot warmer too (see my pic ). We usually run a mister heater in the sleeping tent & a wood stove similar to the one above in the cook tent.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj View Post
I have a tent that is similar from Beckel Canvas in Portland Oregon and I paid around $550.00 10 years ago less the fly. The stove pipe opening looks like its fiberglass and that's what you want if you will pack it with a horse. I think the floor is detrimental especially in inclement weather...just don't work well. Check for mildew. Offer $250.00.
I've been in his store a few times. He carries pack saddles too. He's just a little pricey for me though.