Originally Posted by bdpayne2000
So I've got to ask all you STM fans don't you find the media separation, water and all that a real pain? I thought hard about it but fooling with all that then ending up with a bunch of wet brass.... Just not worth a little extra shine at least that is where I ended up with admittedly no real experience with the process other watching a couple You Tubes.
It may be a little more work but here is why i do it
1. brass is cleaner inside and out
2. no toxic dust in my house
3. total time is less with wet versus dry for me 2 hr tumble and 3hr dry for wet, 6-10 tumble for dry and they are not clean.
4. cleaner brass in means dies don't get as dirty -- saves dies in my opinion
5. the not so humble I like how they shine
6. cleaner brass make inspection a lot easier to do inside and out.