Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Well, My wifes done with Whitetails also!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Well, My wifes done with Whitetails also!!!

Budlight,

My wife would love to hear you say that, she is very skinny but she is 5'11" tall. That gives you an idea how large this deers body really was.

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone, hope your season goes very well also!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 11-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Bronze Member

Dammmmmmmiiiittttt!!!!!
I guess the guide is responsible. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Huh!!!!
Tell her CONGRATS!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] George
Old 11-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

George,

I would like to think that but my wife has been making it a bit of a habit shooting big whitetails.

Let me out this into perspective, I have been hunting whitetails for 19 seasons now and teh buck in my other post is my largest framed buck.

My wife on the other hand as been hunting for about 6 years now and this is her largest buck....

This thing scored 163 5/8" gross and netted 157 7/8". Missing the Montana record books by a mear 2 1/8".

This buck as a frame nealy identical to my buck this year except that hers is an extremely solid 5x5 frame with only 4/8" deductions and both eye guards are forked resulting in the rest of the deductions.

Basically she has me by a solid 10" of score over my best buck.

On top of that, she has teh buck from this year which is easily two years older then my oldest buck as well as a 135" class 4x5 and a 130 class 4x4.

I would like to say it is because of my guiding skills but if thats the case I must be a real dumb guide as she is shooting biggest deer.

Just kidding I am very proud of her hunting acheivements and am jsut happy she is willing to freeze her rear off with her crazy husband chasing big whitetails.

For every good night like the ones in the photos, there are 20 that are freezing cold with nothign to show but great memories, that will keep us going for sure.

Good Shooting!!

Perhaps one of these years I will get back on top of the big buck heap in our family, at the rate she is going probably not to soon. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com