Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Well,...Bummer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: Well,...Bummer

I once wished to undo applying for a cow tag in a district when I saw one of the biggest bulls I've ever seen and I only had a stupid cow tag. On top of that I never got a cow out of there.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

Trout: Have done that also. I've had just about all of the elk experiences except bagging on of the dang things.

Bill: What's the deal on hazardous material shipments? Seeing as how PayPal now accepts Visa also, it should loosen things up a bit.

In general: Talked to a deer hunter @ church this morning whoduring deer season, saw the same but larger portion of the herd that I saw. He counted the two spikes, a rag horn and a dozen or so cows and calves. I only saw the two spikes and maybe 5 or 6 othes.

They must have been split up between then and yesterday.

Got a good snow up there last night. Will head back in the morning with a larger (they say [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) storm arriving about the same time I will.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Gold Member

I can totally relate. Any time in the past that I've had a cow tag, I've had an opportunity for a bull.

Last year I a bull tag, opening day had a cow at 30 yards. Only thing in my sights for that season.

Good luck trying to close that elk tag Roy. I'm heading off tomorrow for the morning to try to see if I can find an elk also. I've got a cow tag this year, so we'll see what happens.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
've had just about all of the elk experiences except bagging on of the dang things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with it. The other day I finally got a cow out of the area I had a cow tag in. I was so hurried to get in on them that I didn't bring the rangefinder or even a knife. I had estimated the distance at 350, held a few inches over the spine and let fly. It ended up being a little less because I hit her through the spine. I ran out to her and finished her off. Cool thing was that with a little help I got her out 1/3 mile in one piece. Meat in the freezer! Horray. This cold weather is going to have them on the move in our region, go get em'.

I have not killed very many, and I too have been through just about every dissappointing thing that can happen. Last year one that I made a decent shot on ran up a hill only to be finished off by another hunter. Didn't end up getting one.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] for this year....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] for last year....
Old 11-12-2006, 06:39 PM
SPONSOR

We charge $20. The way we pack it, one hazmat is usually good for about 40# of powder.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member

OK Roy,

Now I understand the email a bit more. But !! you already had the county commissioner on your side , heck , he didn't even know what season it was [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well good for you ! I mean after all ...............you are still hunting [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yes?

Jim B.