Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Weatherby rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Silver Member

Re: Weatherby rifles

I know you were messin' with me. I will make sure I know what I paid for the gun, and if I was way off, I will let you know. But I remember being surprised when the dealer quoted me the price. I would not have paid more than about $1400 for it; I didn't want it that badly. I am reasonably sure it was in the 12's somewhere. My wife keeps all our receipts, so she will have it somewhere. If I cannot prove differently, we will assume I paid what I said I paid for it. One correction: I bought a box of 50 new cases. I cannot account for one case...I probably left it on the bench or lost it somewhere. I think I said I had two boxes of 20, but obviously, since I have more than that, I did not. I was wrong about how often the gun has been fired. It has been fired 15 times, not 10. I do not have any empty, unfired brass. I have 33 never fired but loaded cartridges with four different loads I planned to experiment with. So that amounts to good news, I think. You get more brass, but they are loaded. They are in plastic boxes and each box has a form in it explaining what bullet, powder, etc., is in the cases. The two boxes that are partials may have gotten the labels exchanged, so if you do buy the gun, I would pull one bullet and weigh the powder, and then you will know what the rest of the cartridges are just in case it is the magic load. OK, back to work. I just wanted you to know there was a minor change in previous info just in case it made a difference to you.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member

Man, I ain't worried about that lite bit of difference. 5 more shots... Come on man! LOL

Seriouy though, just shoot me a PM when you get everything priced out and we can figure out which direction I might want to go...Provided that stupid truck sells quickly.

I'm gonna pimp that thing like a madman to try to get it sold ASAP. I need the cash, but I also need the space in my shop.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Silver Member

I'm working on it. I have found the current prices of everything, but have not found the receipt for the rifle. I called my VISA card and they sent me records back through 2010, but the message requires a code that I know nothing about, so I will have to wait until my wife gets home to open the file for me. I don't know if the dealer would have a record of that sale or not, but if all else fails, I will call them in the morning.

Do you have a dealer's license? What state are you in, and are we allowed to just send this thing, or do we have to go through a dealer on a private sale?
Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

No, I'm not a dealer, i'm in Alabama, and it would have to be sent from you to my local FFL holder.

Here's how I have been told it works.... i talk to my local FFL holder. He faxes you his FFL info. The 2 of you exchange personal, shipping, and gun SN and info. I send you payment. You send the gun to him (the FFL holder). Then I pay him $25 for a "transfer fee" where I fill out my 4473 where he calls it in and I get approved as if i was buying it new from the store. Then the gun is registered in my name, and we are good to go.

That's how I was told it works...I have never bought a gun online, so this is what I was told and described by others who have. I will talk to Jim (my local FFL holder) and get more info on how it would work, since I'm not positive either.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 09-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Silver Member

OK. I bought a gun several years ago from a private party, and as I recall, that is how it works. My wife is on her way home, and she can decipher the e-mail for me.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member

Your desler should have a record of the sale. When 4 of mine got stolen back in 2008, 3 of the 4 were bought from dealers, and the 4th was a private sale between an old coworker and myself. I didn't feel like digging through my receipts for them, so I called the dealers and it took them a matter of minutes to pull it up in the computer databanks. They even printed me ot copies of my invoices to guve to the insurance company. Easy as pie!

Quote:
Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Silver Member

I found the receipt. The receipt was for $1340, which would make my $1200 price right. Add 8% tax, the price of the dies, and it comes out just about to the penny. I will put this all together, list all the extras, describe the scopes, and give you four options tomorrow. I will call the dealer just to double check the price.

Talk to you tomorrow.