Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Weatherby to release rifles in 338 Lapua Magnum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Silver Member

Weatherby to release rifles in 338 Lapua Magnum

I have confirmed that Weatherby will be releasing two rifles in 338 Lapua Magnum late this year. One will be in their tactical-style, Mark V TTR Custom Magnum series (TRR Custom Magnum | Weatherby.com) and the other will be in their Mark V Accumark series (Mark V® Accumark® | Rifles | Products | Weatherby.com). The linked web pages are for current models in the respective product families. While some retailers/e-tailers have these models listed on their websites, Weatherby is only taking orders from their channel partners at this time.
Not a commercial business.
ELR...anything shorter is point blank!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Weatherby to release rifles in 338 Lapua Magnum

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds enticing.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

I,am a long time weatherby user, and if they price the accumark correct it will be a huge seller,if not i doubt it ..The 338/378 is already above what it should be priced.
They will need to do something to pull people away from savage and rem. and others..price/performance/are just two things that come to mind.
I hope whoever posted this sends the answers back to wby.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
I,am a long time weatherby user, and if they price the accumark correct it will be a huge seller,if not i doubt it ..The 338/378 is already above what it should be priced.
They will need to do something to pull people away from savage and rem. and others..price/performance/are just two things that come to mind.
I hope whoever posted this sends the answers back to wby.
Yep I think they need to reconsider their pricing a bit. You can build an awfully nice custom rig for less than they are asking for these models.

Going to be awfully difficult to talk someone into one of these when the Remington Police .338 which are nail drivers right out of the box sells for half that price, plus with any remington 700 there's an almost endless amount of aftermarket parts and gear to customize them to suit one's self.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Silver Member

Hi WildRose:

Since you note no specific prices on the Weatherbys or the 700P, hard to tell what the deltas are.

The original info posted on AmmoLand in Feb (no availability info) indicated an MSRP of $2270 for the Accumark and $2879 for the TRR. As of a few minutes ago I found two sites (non-forum, non-auction sites) listing the Accumark at $1780 and the TRR at $2230-$2280 - "backordered" or otherwise not available.

The availabilty I noted at the top of the thread ("late this year") is per Weatherby Sales today (8/24/11).

What info are you relating to in your post - specific prices and their associated dates, please?
Not a commercial business.
ELR...anything shorter is point blank!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Gold Member

Today, I read a good article on the new Sav. with the HS Precision stock, shooting under 1/2moa out of the box and with the radical brake, they said the recoil was more like a 308 (just repeating) & in a conventional rifle size. It was in one of the LEO/swat type mags.

I could buy the Sav. & mount good glass for the diff, yes Wea. does need to rethink price.

Savage Arms > Firearms >338 Lupua
Old 08-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR Researcher View Post
Hi WildRose:

Since you note no specific prices on the Weatherbys or the 700P, hard to tell what the deltas are.

The original info posted on AmmoLand in Feb (no availability info) indicated an MSRP of $2270 for the Accumark and $2879 for the TRR. As of a few minutes ago I found two sites (non-forum, non-auction sites) listing the Accumark at $1780 and the TRR at $2230-$2280 - "backordered" or otherwise not available.

The availabilty I noted at the top of the thread ("late this year") is per Weatherby Sales today (8/24/11).

What info are you relating to in your post - specific prices and their associated dates, please?
For the weatherby prices I clicked on the link in the op.

I've seen several 700p's in 338 for 1,400-1,600.00 over the last month or so and there's a brand new one in the box listed in the classifieds here for 1,550.00 currently.

NEW IN BOX - 338 Lapua Remington 700 Police Sniper Rifle 700P -PRICE DROP

Here's one that sold recently on Gunsamerica as well for under 1,500.00.

Remington 700P MLR 338 Lapua HS Precision Sniper *NEW* Remington Rifles - Modern > Model 700 > Tactical for sale, gun classifieds or gun auction from Oak Hill. Buy or bid on this Remington 700P MLR 338 Lapua HS Precision Sniper *NEW* in the category

Last edited by WildRose; 08-24-2011 at 09:49 PM.