Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

weatherby mark v vs remington 700 sps ss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 02:12 AM

Re: weatherby mark v vs remington 700 sps ss

Do any of u guys shoot f class or no anyone that does. If so u guys might actually know my local gun guy. Brian Suhr. He is a heck of a shot and a good buddy of mine now. We have bb gun competitions in his store almost every day. He's a good teacher as well. Being only 21 and not much experience of shooting precision I didn't expect I was that good. But Brian says I have what it takes and actually said he might have me shoot his f-tr for him next year. That's a heck of a compliment if u ask me.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member

F-class is a great way to learn long range shooting. if you get the opportunity take it. what distance does he shoot there??
Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM

1000 yards
Old 11-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

DEENER- f-class gets harder for me the further it is. 1000 yards is very hard for me. you will learn a lot if you do it. ron
Old 11-01-2013, 12:04 PM

ya I will. I already have learned a lot from him. He has taught me proper trigger pull and keep the same cheek placement. Iv gone from shooting around a 90 to upper 90s. Yesterday I shot two 98s and a 97
Old 11-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deener99 View Post
ya I will. I already have learned a lot from him. He has taught me proper trigger pull and keep the same cheek placement. Iv gone from shooting around a 90 to upper 90s. Yesterday I shot two 98s and a 97
If you get the chance, JUMP AT IT! I've always been a natural crack-shot. My dad noticed it at a very early age, so we went to the range all the time, when I was growing up. I still go every chance i get. Unfortunately all it made me was one hell of a deer hunter and skeet shooter. LOL I always wanted to shoot comps, but we don't have any shooting comps around here, so I never had the chance. Take the opportunity and run with it.

Just my $0.02...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.