Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

We had horse shot this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Silver Member

We had horse shot this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just found out that my father-in-law had one of his prize horses shot within the last two days. Looks like the "trophy" hunter made a great one shot kill right behind the shoulder.
This incident occurred between late dusk on Tuesday the 16th and the late afternoon of Thursday the 18th. It happened on the cutoff road that connects the Taylor Mountain road and the Wolverine Canyon road in Bingham County Idaho, Hunting Unit 69.

If anyone has any information on this crime, please p.m. me so that we can get some resolution on this.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Silver Member

Were you able to recover a bullet or was it a pass through?

Festus
Old 10-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Bronze Member

I hope you find out who did this. I will keep bumping this thread for you. I hate people who do this type of crap!!

P44
Old 10-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Bronze Member

I saw the interviews on channel 3(?), thats really sad. Hopefully the paint jobs you guys did on the rest will make a difference. This kind of behavior makes all of us look bad. I have traveled and enjoyed those "roads" for the past forty years, just wish I had a name to give you!

I hope that whoever it was is caught.

Craig Dodd,
in Idaho Falls
Old 10-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Bronze Member

Bumping to the top. We need to keep this up. Someone out there will see this, and they might know the idiot who did this.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Silver Member

Every year I hear about stuff like this, and time year I feel sick to my stomach. I am so sorry this happened. The ranch I hunt on had one of thier dogs shot through the top of the head (at an angle you had to be standing over the dog) several years ago. The dog survived, but WHY??? The only threat this dog gave was beating you to death with its tail. Another ranch is now closed because someone mistakenly shot a 2000# charlei (white) bull for a 120# whitetail doe. And then there is the infamouse guy who shot, field dressed, tagged, loaded, and delivered to a butcher shop some farmers llama.

Again, I'm sorry for what happened and I sure hope they catch/find the @$$hole and string him up.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:12 AM

I agree with Patriot44, you'll need to catch criminels like that otherwise you'll end with a situation similar to the one we have already here in Europe. The anti-hunting people will use such issues successfully to discriminate the whole hunting community.
Believe me, if people see it often enough on TV, they will start to believe all hunters are like that.

Best regards,

Marc