Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

waiting on new barrels.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Silver Member

waiting on new barrels.

Waiting on new barrels to finish you builds is like a kid whating for chrismas.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Gold Member

Re: waiting on new barrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig25 View Post
Waiting on new barrels to finish you builds is like a kid whating for chrismas.
Don't say that...I just ordered a barrel 2 weeks ago, and it looks like 8 weeks minimum for it
Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member

Ya. I just talked to my smith ("shortgrass" here on LRH) yesterday, & he was telling me that even Hart went from 8 weeks, to 12 week wait time!

Glad mine was ordered in February, & my build should arrive back here in Oregon in a week or two!!!!!!!
Yeah! It seems like the wait is forever long when your waiting for something that cool huh. Like trying to sleep the night before opening day of Elk season, its pure torture, but usually worth the wait in the end.
Be patient, & it'll get there.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 06-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Ya. I just talked to my smith ("shortgrass" here on LRH) yesterday, & he was telling me that even Hart went from 8 weeks, to 12 week wait time!

Glad mine was ordered in February, & my build should arrive back here in Oregon in a week or two!!!!!!!
Yeah! It seems like the wait is forever long when your waiting for something that cool huh. Like trying to sleep the night before opening day of Elk season, its pure torture, but usually worth the wait in the end.
Be patient, & it'll get there.
For me this is really hard because this is my first "custom" gun. started out as a stock Savage 11 and the only stock part is the action, once it's all put together. Waiting on the barrel, Ordered a Benchmark from Stockade, Kevin Rayhill said he'll install it for no extra cost, so I'll be sending him the rifle once he gets the barrel finished, he said 2-4 months
Old 06-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

I'm always waiting for gun goodies, custom reamers are very exciting to wait for and new lathe tooling is hard to beat, barrels are great especially from a new maker, I think I'm going to put in a Hart order next

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 06-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Silver Member

Try Waiting on your build after you have seen a pic of it !!!!! I have a 338 lapua off to Grit ( Deadly Precision Gunsmithing) and he sent me the pic a few days back and now I am like a damn kid at christmas can't hardly sleep......if that isn't cruel and unusual punishment I don't know what is. Hell of a gunsmith and customer service is awesome, but a bit sadistic if you ask me I may have begged him for the pic, but addicts don't know whats best for them.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertakid View Post
Try Waiting on your build after you have seen a pic of it !!!!! I have a 338 lapua off to Grit ( Deadly Precision Gunsmithing) and he sent me the pic a few days back and now I am like a damn kid at christmas can't hardly sleep......if that isn't cruel and unusual punishment I don't know what is. Hell of a gunsmith and customer service is awesome, but a bit sadistic if you ask me I may have begged him for the pic, but addicts don't know whats best for them.
LOL, you just gave me a reason to be happy that I DON"T know for sure what mine's going to look like