Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics


Reply

waiting on new barrels.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 116
waiting on new barrels.

Waiting on new barrels to finish you builds is like a kid whating for chrismas.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Iron Range, Minnesota
Posts: 782
Re: waiting on new barrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig25 View Post
Waiting on new barrels to finish you builds is like a kid whating for chrismas.
Don't say that...I just ordered a barrel 2 weeks ago, and it looks like 8 weeks minimum for it
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Redmond Or.
Posts: 2,527
Re: waiting on new barrels.

Ya. I just talked to my smith ("shortgrass" here on LRH) yesterday, & he was telling me that even Hart went from 8 weeks, to 12 week wait time!

Glad mine was ordered in February, & my build should arrive back here in Oregon in a week or two!!!!!!!
Yeah! It seems like the wait is forever long when your waiting for something that cool huh. Like trying to sleep the night before opening day of Elk season, its pure torture, but usually worth the wait in the end.
Be patient, & it'll get there.
__________________
"Its not Rocket Surgery.....'
GOD,GUNS,&GUTTS MADE AMERICA, LETS KEEP ALL 3!winmag

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Iron Range, Minnesota
Posts: 782
Re: waiting on new barrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Ya. I just talked to my smith ("shortgrass" here on LRH) yesterday, & he was telling me that even Hart went from 8 weeks, to 12 week wait time!

Glad mine was ordered in February, & my build should arrive back here in Oregon in a week or two!!!!!!!
Yeah! It seems like the wait is forever long when your waiting for something that cool huh. Like trying to sleep the night before opening day of Elk season, its pure torture, but usually worth the wait in the end.
Be patient, & it'll get there.
For me this is really hard because this is my first "custom" gun. started out as a stock Savage 11 and the only stock part is the action, once it's all put together. Waiting on the barrel, Ordered a Benchmark from Stockade, Kevin Rayhill said he'll install it for no extra cost, so I'll be sending him the rifle once he gets the barrel finished, he said 2-4 months
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW Montana
Posts: 4,435
Re: waiting on new barrels.

I'm always waiting for gun goodies, custom reamers are very exciting to wait for and new lathe tooling is hard to beat, barrels are great especially from a new maker, I think I'm going to put in a Hart order next
__________________
High Fence, Low Fence, Stuck in the Fence, if I can Tag it and Eat it, it's Hunting!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South West Montana
Posts: 270
Re: waiting on new barrels.

Try Waiting on your build after you have seen a pic of it !!!!! I have a 338 lapua off to Grit ( Deadly Precision Gunsmithing) and he sent me the pic a few days back and now I am like a damn kid at christmas can't hardly sleep......if that isn't cruel and unusual punishment I don't know what is. Hell of a gunsmith and customer service is awesome, but a bit sadistic if you ask me I may have begged him for the pic, but addicts don't know whats best for them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Iron Range, Minnesota
Posts: 782
Re: waiting on new barrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertakid View Post
Try Waiting on your build after you have seen a pic of it !!!!! I have a 338 lapua off to Grit ( Deadly Precision Gunsmithing) and he sent me the pic a few days back and now I am like a damn kid at christmas can't hardly sleep......if that isn't cruel and unusual punishment I don't know what is. Hell of a gunsmith and customer service is awesome, but a bit sadistic if you ask me I may have begged him for the pic, but addicts don't know whats best for them.
LOL, you just gave me a reason to be happy that I DON"T know for sure what mine's going to look like
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: waiting on new barrels.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone else waiting for VortexViper HS LR scope? champberetta Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 14 04-13-2012 07:19 AM
Waiting for my Bison threejones AR15/10 Rifles 6 03-20-2012 08:31 AM
Waiting for Santa durak Long Range Hunting & Shooting 7 12-25-2011 04:54 PM
waiting ! zookman Long Range Hunting & Shooting 2 05-02-2011 07:30 PM
Patiently waiting on Kirby...LOL!! Jumpalot Long Range Hunting & Shooting 3 12-31-2009 12:41 AM

Current Poll
Have You Ever Backpack Hunted?
YES - 62.43%
1,070 Vote
NO - 37.57%
644 Votes
Total Votes: 1,714
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC