Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The ultimate long range scope??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member

Re: The ultimate long range scope??

What group sizes does your rig shoot? My 6mm Norma BR. shoots pretty tight out to 200 yds., but I have trouble reading the wind at 1,000 yds.

joseph

Old 03-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=helidriver72;775966]Very nice looking set up, just curious why the extra high scope mount? Is it to get away from the heat waves of the barrel?[/Q Alot of bench shooters run a shield over barrel for that purpose,look at his photo and you will see small velcro patch for his I believe
Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 PM

I understand that IOR Valdada has a candidate for the honor of Ultimate Scope. It is a 12X to 52X with 40mm tube and 56mm objective. I has a second focal plane reticle that has a detent that marks the hash marks in mils and another detent that marks MOA. Although it weighs 3 pounds, I think that it may have a niche in the long range game.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Just out of curiosity, how might one go about getting a free scope from NF? I would love to help anyway I can, to get put in that special category... LOL

Been needing 3 of them to replace my cheap stuff on my high-dollar rigs, but I guess I have to sell a few trucks to do that. LOL

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Mock View Post
I understand that IOR Valdada has a candidate for the honor of Ultimate Scope. It is a 12X to 52X with 40mm tube and 56mm objective. I has a second focal plane reticle that has a detent that marks the hash marks in mils and another detent that marks MOA. Although it weighs 3 pounds, I think that it may have a niche in the long range game.
That scope looks crazy. If i sold all my guns and my car i could make a down payment maybe.

~WS
Old 04-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Bronze Member

See, there in lies the problem. Most average joes would love to have that type of scope. But lets face it when you have to feed a family and pay bills. You have to do with lesser scopes. I know that they are super awesome fantabulous. But 1000 to 2500 for a scope is outrageous. I have a hard time believing that they cost so much to produce, that the manufacture must charge that much to make money. But like a buddy of mine used to say. Who am I and what do I know.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Platinum Member

Here it is:

http://swfa.com/IOR-12-52x56-Termina...pe-P53848.aspx

joseph