Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Tyler's 1st deer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2006, 05:27 AM
Silver Member

Re: Tyler\'s 1st deer

Good job UncleB and Tyler!!
Congratulations on your success. I'm sure Tyler will be forever grateful to you for your help & guidance. I remember my first buck & the help I got from my own uncle, we spoke fondly about that trip until we lost him earlier this year, but the memory will always be with me.
Dave
Old 10-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Platinum Member

uncleB:

Congratulations to you and especially to Tyler on a successful hunt. Sounds like he had a great teacher, listened to some great advice and did what he needed to do. The right equipment pays off big time and you've proven that.

Tyler's probably hooked on the longer stuff now so you'll probably be supplying him with some more good info in the near future. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

UncleB,

I know how rewarding this is for you, your friend and his son. Very remotely I feel the same reward when I read posts like this. I am always happy to see customers harvest big game with one of my rifles but as I am sure you agree, having a hunter take his first buck, and at nearly 500 yards no less really adds to the trophy!!

THanks for sharing, glad the little hammer worked well for all of you involved!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 10-31-2006, 05:21 AM
Gold Member

Awesome job uncleB, great of you to take the time to get the young man on his first buck. Time spent in the outdoors teaching, is generally well rewarded, and you definatly got him off to a great start.

Thanks for sharing.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Good job UncleB and Tyler!!
Congratulations on your success. I'm sure Tyler will be forever grateful to you for your help & guidance. I remember my first buck & the help I got from my own uncle, we spoke fondly about that trip until we lost him earlier this year, but the memory will always be with me.
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]
Mountainsheep,
that is why this hunt was so much fun for me, I remember being with my father when I shot my first deer. I lost my dad 6 months ago and "my first deer with Dad" was the basis of my funeral speech, you just dont forget that stuff.
thanks UB