Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Two very proud kids!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Silver Member

Two very proud kids!!!

Hello gentlemen my two kids are so proud of themselves today, they wanted me to share their pictures with the people who have helped us so much over the last year to get to this point. (Thank you) My kids wanted to go out and ring the steel today at 1020 yards even though the wind is blowing 13-15 mph so I figured what the heck. It would give me a real chance to work on my doping skills. Well long story short my son laid down for the first shot and diiinnnnggg said the steel. He looked up and was all smiles so he took 2 more shots, missed once and hit once more, because of erratic cross winds and a strong up draft. Now it is my daughters turn, keep in mind that she is only 11 and this is her first time behind my 7mm rem mag I put together over the last year off of a savage action. She settled in for the shot but because of the updraft and nerves she pulled the shot just over the gong. But she came up all smiles because that big heavy gun wasn't nearly as scary as she thought. Now with a little coaching from dad and her bro she settled in for shots two and three, ding, ding. You would have thought she had just won the super bowl as she hopped up to dance around and rejoice. Today was one of those days that every parent lives for the whole family as one. Even my wife who likes to shoot but really doesn't ever take the time even took her turn behind the trigger. She also rang the gong for her first time ever at 1020 yards. I hope you all had a great christmas and I wish you a happy new year.

Jason
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Gold Member

Re: Two very proud kids!!!

Awesome! Congratulations to you and your kids. There is nothing like the smiles on their face when they pull off shots like that!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Silver Member

Yes sir that is completely true. Up until a couple months my daughter didnt show any interest in guns. But now she wants to get behind anything with a trigger. I guess that is why santa brought her a brand new savage 30-06. It is very, very cool.

Jason
Old 12-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member

That's outstanding, it's a blast to shoot as a family and something to be thankful for!!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 12-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

A well deserved congrats all around and you absolutely have every right to be proud.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Gold Member

Cool story! I think the stories of people getting children out shooting are at least as good to read about as people hitting at 1000 plus yards. Yours happens to have both ;)
Dang just realized I'm getting out shot by an 11 yr old girl
Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Silver Member

pyroducksx3 the best thing is up until a couple months ago she was scared of the bigger than .22 lr guns because of recoil. But something clicked in her pretty little blonde head and now she is hooked. She is bound and determined to shoot the biggest deer in the family next fall and if dad has any say she'll get it done too.

Jason