Some of you may remember this rifle... It was chambered in 6.5x300 RUM. Well, time passed and so did the powder and case life that that thing ate up... Although it did shoot a nice buck this year! SO after season I got to thinking about a rechamber... but to what caliber? I new I wanted to reduce case capacity but still keep with a hot 6.5 as well as have something different.. I had the itch.. Decided on the 257 mag case but with an improved shoulder. Ordered a reamer and let it roll... I know what your thinking.. you had so many options why the 6.5x257 imp. I had the itch for something different and I knew it would work!
6.5x257 wby imp. next to a 6.5x47
Shipped the complete rifle with new barrel and reamer up to Russo. While it was at the Dr's office Joel cleaned up some of the scratches i put on it through the season as well as added some grip stippling! (see below) WELL, after a quick turn around the rifle got here yesterday.. went out and shot it this morning... I broker in the barrel cleaning and firing as I found my max. backed it down and shot this at 100yds with a 142 smk going 3200fps.
That should do! for fire forming...
So like always.. move it right out to 300 yards.. (keep in mind that there has only been about 8 firings through this thing at this point) 300 yard target:
Load development done! its amazing how it all comes together sometimes.. another kicker is the case is pretty efficient with an ES of 12.
The Stippling that Joel added to his already perfect work...
Love it when a plan comes together!!!