Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Tried out the new Phone Skope last night

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Gold Member

Re: Tried out the new Phone Skope last night

Good Video and Good shooting! back off the magnification just a a bit and you will be able to see the trace a little better all the way to the target
Old 09-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Silver Member

glad you liked it, i am waiting on mine to get made and sent. i am getting a smaller version of their universal attachment. i hope to use it for making videos of coyote hunting, long range shooting and scouting trips.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Silver Member

Just wanted to give an update on this product. The video was filmed with the C3 adaptor for my Swaro and I decided to try the C4 universal adaptor. The C4 arrived yesterday and I tried it out. It works but it takes more adjustment, isn't as stable, and I could imagine if the wind was blowing it would make the image not as clear. For me it leaves some to be desired, but I'm pretty picky about my gear. Just an FYI
Old 09-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member

Cruzin,

Hints and a question.

What if, the scope was directly behind the shooter in line with the flight path?

Have you come across an app that allows for remotely starting the video such as shouting at the darn thing or a wifi/bluetooth gizmo.

I think I found an iPhone app that also has a reticle of some sort. Can't find any details on it though and can't recall the name.

I'm using a DIY adapter between a Nikon XL-II and a Cannon point and shoot. Had to adapt a cable shutter release to keep from having to touch the thing.

Works pretty well but you system seems much better. Especially the glass.