Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

TRG 42 Trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 12:17 PM

TRG 42 Trigger

Hi

Being used to a Jewel trigger, I must admit that hate the two stage trigger of the SAKO TRG 42(338 Lapua) - especially the fact that I cannot adjust it below 1kg.

Does anyone has an idea of how to adjust it safely to at least 1/2lbs or which alternative trigger I can buy?

Is there a way to take out the first stage completely?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Bronze Member

Re: TRG 42 Trigger

I have a Jewell at less than 1lb on a Rem 700. I also have Giessele's in ARs. I have two TRGs and much prefer the stock trigger in the TRG, especially for hunting use. (I used my 308 TRG last week to take a 5x5 elk at 400 yards.) It is a very clean break with little over travel. I actually prefer it for competition use as well at stock settings (I would guess around a 2.5lb pull), one AD and you are DQ'd or worse! I suggest you shoot a few hundred rounds through it and you may find that it is your new favorite. Everybody that has shot my rifle has shot their smallest 5 shot group, often with the first 5 shots!

Good luck,
TKAB
Old 10-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Silver Member

Re: TRG 42 Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTRG42 View Post
Hi

Being used to a Jewel trigger, I must admit that hate the two stage trigger of the SAKO TRG 42(338 Lapua) - especially the fact that I cannot adjust it below 1kg.

Does anyone has an idea of how to adjust it safely to at least 1/2lbs or which alternative trigger I can buy?

Is there a way to take out the first stage completely?

Thanks
Just back out the first stage screw. The one I had came from the factory with the first stage disengaged.

Good luck trying to find a better trigger than the TRG 42 trigger. I don't think they exist.