Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Top choice....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Bronze Member

Top choice....

If you had to choose between the three, who would you pick as your precision rifle barrel? Saturn, Kreiger, or Bartlein? I'm at a gunsmiths convention in Des Moines, IA and I've had the pleasure of talking to Steve and Debra Satern and John Krieger. I've heard good things about all three. Just wanna see what everyone's opinion/experience has has been.

~WS
Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Top choice....

Mike Rock from Rock Creek Barrels would be my barrel of choice. But I have heard great things about all of them. The reason I like Rock Creeks is b/c my gunsmith is close friends with Mike, so he gets a great deal on them. Plus, they are incrediy accurate barrels and he has the Obermeyer approval to do 5R rifling.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconSniper View Post
If you had to choose between the three, who would you pick as your precision rifle barrel? Saturn, Kreiger, or Bartlein? I'm at a gunsmiths convention in Des Moines, IA and I've had the pleasure of talking to Steve and Debra Satern and John Krieger. I've heard good things about all three. Just wanna see what everyone's opinion/experience has has been.

~WS
The one with the shortest lead time.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Eichele View Post
The one with the shortest lead time.

^^^ +10. Michael nailed it. Properly 'smithed, they all have the ability to deliver insane accuracy. I don't think that you can go wrong.

t