Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Timney Trigger for FN Winchester M70

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Silver Member

Timney Trigger for FN Winchester M70

The new MOA trigger in the Model 70 is a dud.

I'm hoping that anyone looking to upgrade the trigger will go to Timney and cast a vote for them to make a trigger for the Model 70 produced by FN.

Here is a link to the voting site.

Timney Triggers -Survey

Thanks

Tom
Old 04-18-2010, 12:32 PM

Re: Timney Trigger for FN Winchester M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by statjunk View Post
The new MOA trigger in the Model 70 is a dud.

I'm hoping that anyone looking to upgrade the trigger will go to Timney and cast a vote for them to make a trigger for the Model 70 produced by FN.

Here is a link to the voting site.

Timney Triggers -Survey

Thanks

Tom
Thanks Tom for sending along the info at Timney. I responded to Timney and hope they will build a good trigger for the Winchester Mod 70 FN. I have the Extreme Weather model in 30-06 and the trigger is the only feature that I don't like about the rifle. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Silver Member

You know I have to agree. It's an excellent rifle. The trigger is the only terrible thing on it. If they had kept the original M70 trigger in there I would declare it the greatest factory rifle every assembled.

What kind of groups are you getting with yours?

Mine is pretty much sub-moa. I'd say around the .75" mark.

Tom
Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Platinum Member

Have had no hands on with the FN made Winchester.........YET. Mind enlightening me on what you dont like about the M.O.A. trigger? Im a HUGE Model -70 FAN! and almost all of my rifles are Winchester 70's or 94's. I will be purchasing more in the future, and would just like to be brought up to speed on the + & - of them.
Thanks

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 04-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Have had no hands on with the FN made Winchester.........YET. Mind enlightening me on what you dont like about the M.O.A. trigger? Im a HUGE Model -70 FAN! and almost all of my rifles are Winchester 70's or 94's. I will be purchasing more in the future, and would just like to be brought up to speed on the + & - of them.
Thanks
I'm also a huge Winchester M70 fan.

The new M70's are very nice but the trigger is a dog. Lots of folks not able to get them down to the 3lbs. I do have one that will though and it still feels very heavy. The trigger has zero creep but again it's heavy and is very sensitive to finger placement. I feel a very different weight of pull with even very minute changes in finger placement.

My other new M70 I'm sure is somewhere around the 4lb mark. I don't have a scale.

If they had only left perfect alone. My other M70 with the original trigger is sweeeeet after a $30 trigger job. I've already had one of the New triggers smithed down and yes it's significantly better but not as good as an original and I'm out $60.

If you plan on buying one please go to Timney and request the trigger. I need two of them.

Tom
Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member

Thank you, and will do.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"