Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

That time of year again - Colorado hunt planning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2003, 09:31 PM

Re: That time of year again - Colorado hunt planning

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Come on guys,this was just getten interestin! I was waitin fer the "yo mamma is soooo uuuugly" comments.
I'm new here but it kinda looks like a online bar fight.
I gotta stand up for slymule, I met him about three years ago while hunting in Colorado and he is one of the nicest guys I ever met ridin a mule [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Steve
Old 03-25-2003, 07:55 AM
*WyoWhisper*

See, I woke up in a bad mood this morning.... this board usually gets me in a good mood then.. I read this crap... I don't hide my feelings to well...I have learned to control them better though, thats good and bad I suppose..

who are you, and what is your point, just addin fuel to the flames huh?? ( damn ok,ok be nice and drink your coffee...)

Howdy, welcome to Long Range Hunting, did you see the post "how are new members finding us" ? I'd be happy to learn more about ya.....

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Gold Member

Actionshooter, welcome to the family feud [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. It's not that bad real funny sometimes when people don't get their morning coffee and doughnut [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img].

You will find a great wealth of information and gain alot of knowledgefor the members on this board. Even though some will tell you its day when you know that its night (just remember that when its night that somewhere it is day time [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img])

Sly what are the season dates for elk hunting in your area? Someone mentioned unit 72 or 77 any good?

Wyo when is a ggod time tohunt up that way when you are not totally booked up?
Old 03-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Silver Member

Texas,
The season dates in my area aren't any different than anywhere else in the state. There's four rifle seasons, the first season is an elk only season and is available thru the drawing. The next three seasons you can buy over the counter. The dates are as follows:
Oct. 11-15
Oct. 18-26
Nov. 1-7
Nov. 8-12

Don't know about unit 72, never hunted over there so I couldn't tell you how it stacks up. I hunted in 78 which borders 77 one year and it was okay, just a little too thick a hunting for my preference. We limited out that year in camp but we were sitting on 6 cow tags and 2 bull tags so it didn't take long to fill. Where we hunted was up Turkey Creek which was just outside of Pagosa Springs and to the north in the Weminuche Wilderness area. That countrys not real suitable for long range hunting, at least not where we were hunting.

Jimmys223,
Whatdaya' mean not that nice! You know come to think of it I got a new mule I'm gonna let you try out when you come out the next time Jim. No more of the wifes sweet little mule 'Thursday' for you - gonna put you on 'CORONA' instead. HEE HEEEE Do you know why I call her 'CORONA', Jim? Cause you'd better be drunk when you ride her. That way you'll be nice and relaxed when she throws ya' to the ground - most people bounce better across the ground when they're in a relaxed state of mind and body. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Bronze Member

sly, that will work just fine and dandy, brought back a hell of stockpile of Baily's when I was down in Mesquite.You had me worried there, thought you might want to put me on a #@^%** horse. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Silver Member

Jimmys223,
Tell me all about YOUR mule again?
Old 03-25-2003, 10:53 PM

Nope, Not adding any fuel to the fire. Found this board thru a buddy. This was one of the first post I read,see these ******* matches everywhere. No big surprise until I realize I know this guy. (slymule) He really is one of the good guys, He would give anyone the shirt of his back, even you Wyo.
All I was doin was trying to lighten the situation a little.
Wyo,from your response toward myself it seems your just looking for a fight anywhere you can find it.
Steve