Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

That time of year again - Colorado hunt planning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: That time of year again - Colorado hunt planning

Sly, please don't tell me you killed that buck in unit 60. Went there for the first time this year. Saw small bucks, does and a bull elk, but certainly nothing like that.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:21 AM
Silver Member

Just don't tell anyone about the Governers tag mulie shot this year [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

The first time I was called a "greenie" was by a friend from Wyoming. I think it is pretty much a Wyoming term.
No need to start a border war, and if somebody wants to say something about the color of my license plate, I guess they are pretty much reaching to find a flaw [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 03-13-2003: Message edited by: QuietHunter ]
Old 03-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Silver Member

QuietHunter, nope it wasn't unit 60. I'll give you a hint - "there's gold in them hills boys, and one day someones gonna hit the 'Mother Lode'" - now think CWD and that will get ya' fairly close, especially if you stay outside of a 5 mile perimeter. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] If you need further hints you'd better email me in person.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:57 AM
Silver Member

hey, I heard that "greenie" term used once or twice, up in the Northern parts of this state, too. Been a while though. Herd that Pres. Roosevelt's record cougar was broke by someone. Can't remember if it was in Colorado or Wyoming. Had a couple of 'em track me while huntin mulie's in the hills. Think they are purty curious. The one followed me for over a quarter of a mile. Was that record broke by just an 1/8?
Old 03-14-2003, 09:24 AM
Silver Member

Sly,
I think I have it figured out. Have hunted other critters in the area, but never deer or elk. I know there are some nice ones there, but had figured it to be over hunted recently.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Silver Member

QuietHunter,
If you'll remember right after the deadline date for turning in applications the DOW announced their finding then a couple of weeks later had their big roundup and incineration party. I was part of that for 3 days helping out and we killed 1200 and some deer and like 300 some elk for testing. Since it was too late for changing where I had put in to hunt I went ahead and stayed with the area. Needless to say it worked out alright but I had my doubts for awhile, especially since we killed off alot of deer that lived in the vicinity. Half of those deer were bucks and since they didn't have horns at that time of the year who knows how many of them were big mature bucks.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Silver Member

Finially got my pictures of my buck to show you guys. Hope this comes thru.

[ 03-15-2003: Message edited by: slymule ]