Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Time for the next step. The scope?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Silver Member

Re: Time for the next step. The scope?

Is 400yds enough or should I keep taking it on out? Are you saying to get the scope that I want to put on it first, then gather the data, then send in the data for the turret? do they put wind correction on turret? Brad

P.S. If the G7 range finder will do all it's claimed to do accuratly then alltitude and weather diffrences should make no diffrence.

Last edited by RangerBrad; 03-26-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBrad View Post
Is 400yds enough or should I keep taking it on out? Are you saying to get the scope that I want to put on it first, then gather the data, then send in the data for the turret? do they put wind correction on turret? Brad

P.S. If the G7 range finder will do all it's claimed to do accuratly then alltitude and weather diffrences should make no diffrence.

Yes you need the scope you are going to use, and yes to the G7! But the G7 is new gismo in the world of shooting. It seemed to work well for them on a shot at a bull elk at 1070yds. It's suppose to be a good LRF. That way you wouldn't wouldn't really need a custom turret. You would need a drop chart either on paper, ipod, or PDA. IF you chose to use PDA, ipod, or paper... you still need to verify your drops. Then you program that base info into the G7 from what I understand. At that point, then a custom turret really doesn't matter.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Official LRH SPONSOR

You mentioned the Vortex which is not a bad scope, I had a Viper before I upgraded to a Sightron SIII, man what an awesome scope. Turrets are dead on, spin them up, down, left or right, always comes back to zero. SIIISS624x50 LR MD

Shooting and Reloading Accessories
Custom Long Cases too.

Shoot-Long.com

" Life would be quite dull if we limited ourselves only to the practical."