Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Time for a new cell phone.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Time for a new cell phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles bonner View Post
My son has an IPad so he loaded a copy of Shooter so I can learn to run the program while deciding on a phone.I really don't need all the features and service of a fancy phone. I may go cheap on the phone service and carry an IPad to calculate.When your old and the vision starts to slip those little screens can be a major problem.Should get to play with Shooter today and will post opinions.
Charles
Sounds like we are in a similar boat, I look forward to what you learn.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles bonner View Post
My son has an IPad so he loaded a copy of Shooter so I can learn to run the program while deciding on a phone.I really don't need all the features and service of a fancy phone. I may go cheap on the phone service and carry an IPad to calculate.When your old and the vision starts to slip those little screens can be a major problem.Should get to play with Shooter today and will post opinions.
Charles
I thought the same thing which is why I bought the iTouch to use for a while.
Then, I upgraded to the phone and realized how much that internet connection was worth in expanding what I can do.

An iPad is probably a bit larger than what I'd want to carry or whip out of a pocket when doing a calculation but that's just me.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Bronze Member

We already had the IPad so I can learn on it.I just started running Shooter and like the program.My son tells me I will still have issues seeing it in bright sunlight;but it is great setting here at the table.Where I elk hunt there is no cell service;so internet connection is a non issue.I am really not good with cell phones and just learned how to send a picture.Have never sent a text!With practice maybe I'll work my way up to an IPhone.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Gold Member

short and sweet........ iphone
Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

'Droid with free Strelok. Works well.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:02 PM

So what happens when you want to use the auto atmoshpiric input mode on the shooter program and there is no internet connection. Using the iPhone I might add.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackem View Post
'Droid with free Strelok. Works well.

I'm also looking to go to a smart phone and have been thinking droid. What is strelok?