Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Therohetical Hunting Scenario!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Therohetical Hunting Scenario!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMT View Post
I say anything in full auto. Aim for the biggest piece of meat you can see, pull the trigger and empty the magazine. You are sure to at least get a good blood trail. If you carry an extra magazine on your belt then you don't have to take any extra time to reload before you run after the wounded deer. It's no big deal if he gets away because the nest guy over will probably shoot the wounded deer anyway. If you don't get lead in the air you can't kill anything.

Steve
Steve, now you're talking PA deer hunting opening day. You haven't lived 'til you've experienced that
Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 AM
Platinum Member

Same in the Catskills.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member

Not anymore boys. First day isn't anything like it was 10 or 15 years ago. I heard a total of maybe 12 shots fired on the first day. I think they need to cut back the season and let the herds grow again. The over population that they want to control are all in urban areas where it is hard to hunt safely.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!